Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is there a current seating/aircraft guide?

Is there a current seating/aircraft guide?

Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:09 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Ok. I'm travelling in coach cos I'm poor...

But as OW Sapphire, I can choose the exit seat. My question is - does the window seat at Row 41 really gets leg room cut due to the emergency exit slide? The diagram above shows that the seats are further back. If its just jutting out a bit, I guess its ok.

I usually prefer the window over the aisle seats. So getting the C or J seats are my second option.

Thanks..
For free seat selections as a OW Sapphire, we just need to call our local Finnair ticketing center to select seats? So exit row and extra legroom seats are allowed as well? How about the Economy Comfort ones?
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:59 am
Suspended

I reckon 2l/4l/6l at least these seats has a window if your interested. But this info is very useful for the user above.

Yeah the other one is more private it has 2 tables side by side consider to be and look more privacy. But i still think a solo seat on your own with a window is fantastic. Ive never flown business class but the pictures and illustration is impressive. Lucky you folks who does hop on the business class.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:24 am
Suspended

I found this direct link and it talks about which is best on business class seating. Not sure if this has already been shown here but here it is just in case.

http://www.seatplans.com/advice/trie...siness-class-2

Provides some pretty good personal information there on seating area.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 6:13 pm
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just bought BC tickets for wife, 7 year old and me ORD-HEL non stop.

What would be best seats for three of us? I currently have 3D/H/L and 4D/H/L.

Also, I'm EXP so what are best lounge options? I will not be able to us FL lounge in T3 since we're going out of T5.

Thanks
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:17 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Assuming you have this or similar seat map

D/H/L is a great combo for three and if junior is independent, the young ones loves getting the freedom of alone seat L. The L-seats alternate between being closer to aisle and closer to window. If you want to keep the group as much together as possible the odd rows (1,3,5) are to be chosen.

Regarding ORD lounges, I leave that to someone else - haven't been there in 15 years.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:12 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Assuming you have this or similar seat map

D/H/L is a great combo for three and if junior is independent, the young ones loves getting the freedom of alone seat L. The L-seats alternate between being closer to aisle and closer to window. If you want to keep the group as much together as possible the odd rows (1,3,5) are to be chosen.

Regarding ORD lounges, I leave that to someone else - haven't been there in 15 years.
My kids love sitting on the throne seats (i.e. 2A, 4A and so on). AA Flagship Lounge would be my choice, I was there this September.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 3:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes A/D/H on row 2,4,6 is not a bad combo either. There is slightly more distance between A and D seat than between H and L, but "the throne" is appealing to kids of all ages.

Last edited by intuition; Oct 16, 2015 at 3:35 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 4:10 am
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by SPBanker
My kids love sitting on the throne seats (i.e. 2A, 4A and so on). AA Flagship Lounge would be my choice, I was there this September.
I'll switch to "A" side. Can I go to T3 for a flight out of T5?

NOTE: I did change both to 4A, 4D, 4H. My 7 year old is pretty independent, he already does not let us come near him when we are near his school or crossing a street anymore. He'll love what is referred to "Throne", especially is I tell him that is what it is called.

Last edited by thepla; Oct 16, 2015 at 5:20 am
Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by thepla
I'll switch to "A" side. Can I go to T3 for a flight out of T5?
Ah, sorry. I flew to YYZ from ORD. Not familiar with T5 lounges.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: LH SEN
I've flown once out from ORD T5. I didn't try to go to other terminals but it felt very isolated. I think it is the same as with the most US airports: On international flights you can only access the airside in the terminal you are departing from.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 7:02 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by esledo
I've flown once out from ORD T5. I didn't try to go to other terminals but it felt very isolated. I think it is the same as with the most US airports: On international flights you can only access the airside in the terminal you are departing from.
I live outside Chicago so fly from ORD all the time. I was wondering if I gave a boarding pass for T5 and tried to get through security at T3 would they allow me through?
Old Oct 17, 2015, 5:14 am

Programs: TG,PR,UL
I'm still undecided whether to book a throne seat or "L" seat formy upcoming trips.

Is the foot space noticeably different between the two when in bed mode, or does having the throne make up for this in peoples experience.

Both of my flights are night flights and I'm a bad sleeper anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by chelseaboi
I'm still undecided whether to book a throne seat or "L" seat formy upcoming trips.

Is the foot space noticeably different between the two when in bed mode, or does having the throne make up for this in peoples experience.

Both of my flights are night flights and I'm a bad sleeper anyway.
Yes, foot space is very different between the two. Throne seat has the smallest manhole for feet of all seat in that cabin layout. From memory I'd say odd ells have the largest.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by chelseaboi

There is more footspace (when in bed position) in 2L, 4L etc. Those seats have the table by the aisle, meaning that the curvature of plane gives somewhat more space also for the feet. Whether that is worth losing the extra table of a throne seat is up to you.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by intuition
Yes, foot space is very different between the two. Throne seat has the smallest manhole for feet of all seat in that cabin layout. From memory I'd say odd ells have the largest.
In the odd Ls you are next to the aisle, which increases the probability that somebody bumps into you, or at least into your feet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.