Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Is there a current seating/aircraft guide?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a current seating/aircraft guide?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:44 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
If using AY MMB, there usually is a confirmation mail from Amadeus that shows the new seat assignment. If you've got that it stuck.
Got it - thanks!
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the warning, BadgerBoi.

I am sure that I will be reconsidering my options in the coming months thanks to all the helpful comments!

I went for 2L on the night sector as the foot space sounds larger, which is preferable for sleeping.

I thought I should try 2A as it was my first choice and for a day light flight, the space will be nice.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:07 am

Here are couple pictures from L-seat. Red circles illustrate extra space compared to 2A/4A/6A.

In related things, previous occupant had deposited his/her wine list inside the chair where it clogged gear rim. As crew was busy ("oh, reclining doesn't seem to work, we'll notify tech") and flight was full, it took some time before I got seat dismantled enough to remove wine list and reclining back to work. Too bad I didn't take a picture from absolutely shredded wine list
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by reflektia
In related things, previous occupant had deposited his/her wine list inside the chair where it clogged gear rim. As crew was busy ("oh, reclining doesn't seem to work, we'll notify tech") and flight was full, it took some time before I got seat dismantled enough to remove wine list and reclining back to work. Too bad I didn't take a picture from absolutely shredded wine list
Oh, I have also been the chair-diver a few times too!. Junior lost the cell phone during sleep (which besides the risk of losing a valuable item is really dangerous - I have seen reports of small fires when lithium batteries get shorted inside mechanism)

IME, staff are always nonplussed when it comes to internals of the reclining mechanism. If you lose something inside they just go "Eh, OK". Last time I manage to get them to fetch the emergency flashlight before I went in.

For those interested, best attack angle is from beneath - if you can raise the foot rest alone, you can slide/crawl inside with your back on the floor. It is pretty much open from there.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks. Will be careful not to lose anything or bother the staff if I do!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK

For those interested, best attack angle is from beneath - if you can raise the foot rest alone, you can slide/crawl inside with your back on the floor. It is pretty much open from there.
Wow, sounds expert, you have a degree too?

Getting a bit OT here, but I have had problems too many times with seat positioning, belt stuck between or other near-misses. Let alone think about my uncle who does not dare to push any electronic button in order not to break it. Talk about a robust product
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Wow, sounds expert, you have a degree too?
Absolutely, a bachelor of arts from university of Life
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:12 pm

O
Have you figured out the meaning of those loose (non-electrical) wires inside the chair? There were couple those, something was written on them but I couldn't make out the text. Std "sticker-markings" that are used for marking wires. Next time maybe I'll use the flashlight, normally I have 2-3 of them in my backpack
Old Mar 8, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
What seats should I choose when travelling with someone, so not solo.
I would probably take 3A&C; so is it a yes/no/hell no?

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Fin...330-300_V2.php

The front row seats are stated to be "claustrophobic" due to the bulkhead wall?
I prefer the window seats and as the service starts from the front,
it's an easy choice.... Or is it?
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
What seats should I choose when travelling with someone, so not solo.
I would probably take 3A&C; so is it a yes/no/hell no?
3AC are very good, I would go for those most probably. If window isn't necessary also 3DH etc. could be a good choice.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
All seats has similar arrangement but only A seats have the "tube". All other have this opening.
Sorry to say, this is not true. In the middle, it alternates - 2D has the tube, 2E looks like the picture. 3D and 3E the other way round. Same with the L row (starboard single seats)

I learned this the hard way in the last two weeks

OT - I reserved 2A long ago, when my BA OWE number was on the booking. I changed somewhere along the road to the AY number (whitet card) and forgot the whole thing until checkin time - lo and behold, my reserved seats were gone and had only DE seats available. Strange.

OT2 - AY 90 BKK-HEL C had 100% LF Friday. I don't know if revenue or op-ups, though.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Yeah, any seat that is positioned behind a set of two seats will be tube'd

Not sure the L's are striclty tube'd? IIRC there is no other limitation than the airframe. Still narrow, but not as narrow as these.

As for the lost seat - the card should make no difference. In J all travellers can chose seat, has nothing to do with status. You must have been bumped out of 2A for another reason.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 3:25 am

Programs: LH HON
How to tell if I'm on an ex-AF A340? 08/28 SIN-HEL. Row 21 is 2-4-2 and it has six 2-3-2 rows in the back. Any indication?
Old Aug 15, 2015, 5:17 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by ckx2
How to tell if I'm on an ex-AF A340? 08/28 SIN-HEL. Row 21 is 2-4-2 and it has six 2-3-2 rows in the back. Any indication?
By using the excellent AirCraftFinder(TM) patented by intuition:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24867058-post168.html
Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AY Gold
Seatmaps coud help too:

http://www.finnair.com/fi/fi/flights/fleet

Six 2-3-2 rows in the back looks like OH-LQA, ex-Virgin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.