Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bidding for biz seats

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: AY LUMO
The question here is, I pay that 50€ for what.

For a food? I can take "Delhi-Deli" with me from Alepa HEL and that is about 4€.Drink is on AY.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:28 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
The question here is, I pay that 50€ for what.
YMMV greatly here, as always, amyway for me the biggest value of Euro J is the guaranteed free middle seat (320 family) and 0 hassle with carryon luggage.

Some food and drink is a good plus on some flights. I fly short hauls a lot because I have to so my thinking might be different to someone who flies a lot for other reasons...
Old Mar 3, 2017, 6:38 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
YMMV greatly here, as always, amyway for me the biggest value of Euro J is the guaranteed free middle seat (320 family) and 0 hassle with carryon luggage.

Some food and drink is a good plus on some flights. I fly short hauls a lot because I have to so my thinking might be different to someone who flies a lot for other reasons...

With S-Market plastic bag on empty and blocked seat next to me, there is no hassle at all. ^ Hard-Drinks are out of question because have to drive from the airport.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Received upgrade offer of 109€ for BRU-HEL, 10 days before, Value ticket, AY Plat. I am on waiting list for upgrade with a voucher... So they prefer to find a paying customer than allowing us to use our existing vouchers.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I am getting these 9000 points SMS offers again, while we have the 8000 promo going on for EU upgrades. Nice consistent
Old Mar 4, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ukki
Received upgrade offer of 109€ for BRU-HEL, 10 days before, Value ticket, AY Plat. I am on waiting list for upgrade with a voucher... So they prefer to find a paying customer than allowing us to use our existing vouchers.
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am getting these 9000 points SMS offers again, while we have the 8000 promo going on for EU upgrades. Nice consistent
This is very consistent, happened last time too, that they are offering you something with an SMS that basically should be available for less points as advertised.
It is like they had two different companies in the background, one just sending ridiculous offers and the other one (not) monitoring the wait list.
No good

Last edited by ff_flyer; Mar 5, 2017 at 1:05 am
Old Mar 5, 2017, 1:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In all fairness, they do say the discount only applies to certain channels. The text push is still discounted towards the rate you get from calling in.

And earlier years, when discount upgrades was handled by phone, it was only announced on .fi pages and other nationalities was charged full price (unless one quoted .fi page offer). So certain travellers have had pretty exclusive access to the discounts in the past. And now the target group has changed, from nationality to communication channel.

What does become obvious is that push-offers has their own availability, and offers are made even when F is waitlisted or zeroed. this is havoc on the waitlist as someone can bypass the list by accepting the push offer.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Does one really need to have a 105- issued ticket to do this? I have a 125- ticket and submitted a bid (and got the e-mail confirmation) but I'm not sure if it does clear whether I'll be able to accept it.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Point and voucher upgrades are available if the flight is sold as AY and operated by AY or on behalf of AY. I have never tried, but I would expect the same rule for either types of paid upgrades. Basically, it does not work for code-share flights.

So it should be fine if the ticket is not Finnair-numbered.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The T&Cs mention it must be 105- issued, however my flight is indeed a prime AY flight.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Point and voucher upgrades are available if the flight is sold as AY and operated by AY or on behalf of AY. Basically, it does not work for code-share flights.

So it should be fine if the ticket is not Finnair-numbered.
this grammatic is confusing here. Gives contradictory meaning?
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
this grammatic is confusing here. Gives contradictory meaning?
Ticket meaning an e-ticket number 105-xxxxxxxxxxxx.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I just used another 8k points to uopgrade - as long as this promo goes on, it's a no-brainer vs cash (for me, at least)
Old Mar 12, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
I tried to bid for an upgrade on HEL-HKG. There is no upgrades with points available (not offered, waitlist could work).

Maximum bid value was 598€ and today I got informed that my bid was declined. I guess they didn't want to have any additional upgrades because I bid the maximum value so if it was about the bid amount then I should have been accepted. Or then there were too many who also bid the maximum and I was the first one who lost.

Or do these even work? Why would they open the bid if they don't then accept those.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:24 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Maybe some customers simply bought business-class tickets late - during the bidding process?

The HKG and SZX areas have a lot of inbound and outbound business visitors afterall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.