Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Or the JAL F-Lounges at the Tokyo airports or QF F-Lounge in SYD, to point out a few..
NRT JL F-lounges are OK, not overwhelming. The MH F lounge in KUL is way better (and better than the AY Premium, too) Will check out the QF F in SYD in two weeks time
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by intuition
I guess coming Sunday will be a shocker to them, when the FT gang empties the stock that was supposed to cover the next 2 weeks..
Or maybe the shock will be the other way round - "new supplies are scheduled for Monday, Sunday we serve whatever is left over from the week"

BTW - what FT gang? In the wiki I seem to be the only one in Prem come Sunday (off to NRT)

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Apr 21, 2015 at 6:41 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:39 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by vulle
We'll teach them about inventory management
Please, consume a bottle of bubbly for me as well !
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:41 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

BTW - what FT gang? In the wiki I seem to be the only one in Prem come Sunday (off to NRT)
Ah, it was saturday I meant. Some people decided to celebrate my birthday in LHR earning avios or what ever.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by intuition
Ah, it was saturday I meant. Some people decided to celebrate my birthday in LHR earning avios or what ever.
Shoot, happy birthday! But can't make it on Sat.

Please leave some bubbly for Sunday!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Thanks! I couldn't make it either - I guess the others all in it for the Avios only. ;-)
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
On a more positive note - AY Premium lounge beats the crap out of AA Flagship Lounges in LAX and JFK.
Right on. That AA lounge feels dirty, worn out, untidy etc. You don't want to spend there longer than needed.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:00 am

Any ideas of the Sauna opening hours? I mean, will it be hot at 6-7am?
It's never too early for sauna, I think.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It opens at 6. It's definitely warm by 6:30.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: CX (elite) and a few others (non-elite)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
NRT JL F-lounges are OK, not overwhelming. The MH F lounge in KUL is way better (and better than the AY Premium, too) Will check out the QF F in SYD in two weeks time
Unless you want to drink wine. In which case all the MH lounges in KUL suck... The choice was (drum roll please).... Red or white. The white was an undrinkable muscadet in F. And in J. And in the regional lounge. No splashing out on better wine for the F lounge users in KUL!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by JustFlyer
Right on. That AA lounge feels dirty, worn out, untidy etc. You don't want to spend there longer than needed.
I beg to disagree, I'm quite fond of the one at JFK. It may not look more exclusive than the AY premium lounge, but it has a more exclusive access policy - finding a place to sit is never hard, unlike the AY lounge which is heaving at peak times. And the catering is definitely more substantial than AY, and has improved significantly of late - I had a lovely garlicky roast lamb with rosemary potatoes last month. The selection of wines and sprits is less focused on premium brands, but perfectly decent and has a lot more variety.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
After the bad experience in the lounge a couple of weeks ago, I've visited it twice since. On both times the selection on the counters has been appropriate, even managed to get a taste of the strawberry pancakes last time.
Old May 9, 2015, 4:47 am

Last time I visited the lounge the champagne offered was Andre Clouet (Alko price 29,90 €) and not Nicholas Feuillatte (Alko price 39,90 €).
Old May 10, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Feuillatte can be had for 39€ in bars and restaurants with that beautiful, forest Green, shiny Owner's card. It's not very premium, but decent. Clouet is also pretty decent.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
After being subjected to the pure vileness that is Monopole Blue Top in CE on BA, I enjoy Feuillatte with relish whenever I fly Finnair.

It's no Krug, Dom or LPGS, but it's decent and enjoyable for sure. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.