Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:50 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by TTL
I would test that. Most likely, there would be a premium lounge access for the presenter of such an itinerary!
Or just sneak in thru the sauna.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:50 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by TTL
I would test that. Most likely, there would be a premium lounge access for the presenter of such an itinerary!
Started to think about it too and you never know, it might work..I guess it will depend on the dragon, the younger ones without any eye to the overall game most likely denied entry but some old school lady might be different...as AY has no F they have no F lounge as per OW books so officially they don't need to do it, I think..
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Does a passenger flying in BA or AY C to LHR and connecting same-day to BA F, do they have access to the Premium Lounge?
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Not without OWE status. (Or min. OWS outside rush hour)
oneWorld rules says:
Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status.
Lounge access will be determined on the international long haul ticketed flight (either First of Business Class) regardless of the ticketed class of travel on the international short haul or domestic flight.
The problem here is that "Premium" lounge isn't a first class.
If you go by the spirit of the rules, such a ticket holder should have access. But in reality I am not so sure.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Does a passenger flying in BA or AY C to LHR and connecting same-day to BA F, do they have access to the Premium Lounge?
I am pretty sure that if you asked and even if you explained, the agent would look at you bare face not understanding at all, if not having worked with Lufthansa F rules before...
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
I am pretty sure that if you asked and even if you explained, the agent would look at you bare face not understanding at all, if not having worked with Lufthansa F rules before...
Well I've lost count on how many bare face looks I've received from AY.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
So that non-Finnglish speakers also understand: bare face: a Finnglish expression to describe the English "blank stare"
Old Aug 24, 2016, 4:47 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
I would not blame only the Finns being discourteous. Go to Conrad Tokyo or Hilton Bankside London to find out in order to become objective.

Last edited by TTL; Aug 24, 2016 at 4:55 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Or just sneak in thru the sauna.
The premium door is locked from the sauna side.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by cistavoda
The premium door is locked from the sauna side.
Yes, but if you walk out to the corridor and turn right and walk through the glass doors, you're in the premium loumge again. This doesn't involve walking past the desk.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Yes, but if you walk out to the corridor and turn right and walk through the glass doors, you're in the premium loumge again. This doesn't involve walking past the desk.
I noticed that the other day too when I visited the showers. Not pointing at anyone, but hopefully there is no too many people who are looking for that kind of shortcuts. I am happy to guest in someone without status instead.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 2:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
I noticed that the other day too when I visited the showers. Not pointing at anyone, but hopefully there is no too many people who are looking for that kind of shortcuts. I am happy to guest in someone without status instead.
I don't think this is something that people do, I would guess that the relatively few passengers from the J lounge who do use the showers will just head back there without even thinking about sneaking into the premium lounge.

The door to the premium lounge by the bathrooms is always closed though. I often sneak out to use the larger bathroom in the shower area, and even if I am only there for a few minutes, more often than not a staff member has closed the door before I have a chance to return. I therefore have to use the main entrance to the premium lounge to return, and like you, observed the opportunity for non-eligible passengers to sneak in.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:04 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
I often sneak out to use the larger bathroom in the shower area
Yeah, the bathroom on the premium side is ridiculously small for the capasity of the lounge (at peak times)..really a joke, some might say..maybe the idea was/is that people use the shower rooms but then again that doesn't make much sense, does it..as people who want to shower want a cleaned/refreshed room with new towels etc..not a public toilet room..not long ago I needed to wait 20mins for a clean shower room, even though they were all empty they hadn't been attended to. Not very "premium" feel but must say the staff was more than apologetic about it.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 4:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Yeah, the bathroom on the premium side is ridiculously small for the capasity of the lounge (at peak times)..really a joke, some might say..maybe the idea was/is that people use the shower rooms but then again that doesn't make much sense, does it..as people who want to shower want a cleaned/refreshed room with new towels etc..not a public toilet room..not long ago I needed to wait 20mins for a clean shower room, even though they were all empty they hadn't been attended to. Not very "premium" feel but must say the staff was more than apologetic about it.
It is hard to understand what was in their minds when they designed this toilet mess.
You can laugh at "over-regulated sweden" but how can a "famous design agency" even get away with designing a lounge that serves food and drinks, seats 122 (and allows entry to even more) and has only one toilet per gender. With predominantely male guests, I guess this makes 1 toilet on 100 guests or so. And it is not like the typical lounge visitor wants to "save it for later"...

*) Normal swedish regulation - premises that serves alcohol should have 1 toilet per 25 guests
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Afternoon all!

I haven't flown AY for a while now, but will be doing so in October. Will be flying in J HEL - DEL and then DEL - HEL - LHR. Both passengers travelling in J and both BAEC Silver.

From what I can make out we are entitled to use the Premium Lounge? My other concern is I see a lot of comments about the lounge being packed during rush periods.

The DEL flight leaves at 20:15 so intending to arriving in the lounge around 18:30 - will that be a peak period? Similarly on the return flight to LHR IF we get anytime as it is a fairly tight connection, around 15:00?

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

BA silver is sapphire, right? Sadly, new rules says only emeralds are granted access to premium lounge.

The time before DEL flight is not the busiest time so lounges will be relaxed. For your return, around 15.00, is worse. The absolute peak is the hours before the afternoon wave around 17.00. 15.00 might be in before the peak though, so if you have time just try.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.