Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair miles and BA flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Tinder Plus
Finnair miles and BA flight

I was wondering whether I can use my Finnair miles to book BA flight.
The flight I want to book cost 4500Avios + 17.5GBP Tax. Since Finnair and BA are partner would 4500Avios worked out as 4500 Finnair miles. I was looking for flight award table but I could not find anything good.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA gold, OWE
BA Avios and Finnair plus points are different "currency". You can find AY plus point requirements for BA flights here: https://pointshop.finnair.com/partner.php?cPath=724_312
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
You can use them, but you'll pay thru your nose - 15k or 26k points + YQ, depending on destination. Waste of points, IMO
Old Nov 23, 2014, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys for your help seems like Finnair is such a rip-off (according to the table).
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Common wisdom says that the best use of your AY points is upgrading AY flights.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:45 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by bartas8891
Thanks guys for your help seems like Finnair is such a rip-off (according to the table).
In general, a program is at its best when crediting/redeeming on their own flights.
And programs differ widely in how earning/redeeming is done in a most favourable way for you the traveller.
When redeeming for "free" flights, one must not only take into account the number of miles but the cost of "taxes" and the availability of redeemable seats.

AY has some pretty strong points both on redeeming and earning, but if your pattern does not fit the rather limited scope for this, you are better off with another program.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys I have converted my Finnair to Le Club Accor and then to Avios horrible rate but better than nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.