Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Are there showers in the non-Schengen lounge?

Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Passing through the lounge on my outbound MAN-HKG it looked like the showers area was under renovation. For my return I was wondering if showers are still available elsewhere?
Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2014, 1:08 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Non-Schengen lounges have showers. Did you perhaps mean the Schengen lounge, which was just renovated?
Old Oct 28, 2014, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

No it was the non Schengen. The sign pointed to toilets and showers but the space next to the toilets was all boarded up
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:03 am

The sauna and showers were just recently opened in the non-schengen lounge, so it sounds weird if they were closed for maintenance. I'll try to check the current status on Saturday if there is no confirmation before that. (As far as I know the other shower options in Helsinki airport cost extra.)
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:53 am

OP probably means the J lounge in that case. I'll ask tomorrow.

The sauna and the shower cabins you're refering to, theBro, are for OWS/OWE only.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:27 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
OP probably means the J lounge in that case. I'll ask tomorrow.

The sauna and the shower cabins you're refering to, theBro, are for OWS/OWE only.
I understood the showers and sauna are for both lounges.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
I understood the showers and sauna are for both lounges.
I just received information that the sauna is up&running, so I can only assume the same for the showers.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 9:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I just received information that the sauna is up&running, so I can only assume the same for the showers.
If I finish work early I might just give it a try tonight then! ^
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:26 am
Original Poster

It was all academic in the end. Our QF flight into SIN was delayed 1 hour so we were rebooked on SQ via LHR whilst still in the air so no visit to HEL after all.
Thanks for the replies though.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
It was all academic in the end. Our QF flight into SIN was delayed 1 hour so we were rebooked on SQ via LHR whilst still in the air so no visit to HEL after all.
Thanks for the replies though.
You never flew through HEL, yet you claimed the showers in the non-Schengen lounges were closed. Based on what, exactly? I am at the lounge right now and can confirm no issues with the showers since the lounge opened. Then again, showers in the Schengen side are still non-operational.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:18 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
He flew HEL on his outbound, the homebound got rerouted.

You never flew through HEL, yet you claimed the showers in the non-Schengen lounges were closed. Based on what, exactly? I am at the lounge right now and can confirm no issues with the showers since the lounge opened. Then again, showers in the Schengen side are still non-operational.
Originally Posted by highpeaklad
Passing through the lounge on my outbound MAN-HKG it looked like the showers area was under renovation. For my return I was wondering if showers are still available elsewhere?
Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2014, 6:07 am
Original Poster

To clarify, when I visited the lounge, there was a sign saying toilets and showers. The toilets were there ( left hand end of lower seating area, with your back to the windows) but there was wooden boarding and no sign of any showers.
Sorry for causing any confusion.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Passed through this weekend and can confirm that there are showers available in the non-Schengen lounge (by gate 36). I think the confusion stems from the fact that the area to the right of reception has been boarded up for construction/renovation (this has traditionally been where the showers were located). The showers are now located to the left of reception, just before getting to the "Premium Lounge". The sauna is in the same area.

There was no attendant present, and the agent at the reception just told me to use whatever shower room was available. Luckily there was one 'clean' one available as most of the showers had been used but not cleaned yet...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.