Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

How/where to book codeshares on AY metal?

Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards

OK, here's the problem. Collegue flies a lot in EU and to China on AY. I told him the joys of AAdvantage, so he joined and by now he would be AAPlat if he had 4 leg on AA coded flights, which in his case would be on aforementioned AY flights - how can he book one?

These codeshares DO exist, as I can see them on the boards at the airport - I tried a few OTAs with no luck.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Some of the AY codeshares are sold only in connection on international flights, i.a. domestic AY-codeshared flights in Germany or ex-Germany (except to Scandinavia).
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:31 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
While I don't have the answer you're looking for, I'd tell him to do an MR to the US east coast same day return at around 400€.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I have sometimes seen the AA (or JL) codeshares on AY metal being sold without intercontinental connections, but the prices are completely insane (approximately tenfold increase).

You are not supposed to buy those separately.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.