Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Major disruption in AY traffic next weekend?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:14 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

There is not one single seat avilable to ICN, PEK, PVG, HKG on the 20 or 21 sept. Returns are not available for many dates in the week following either. Returns from HKG are all routed via BKK.

Anyone with an explanation?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 10:48 am

Putins embargo of Russian airspace, I guess...
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Could you provide a source of that information? I can't seem to find any such embargo in place.
Or maybe there is another more plausible explanation?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 1:48 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
There is no such embargo, at least for now.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
... it looks like only Business Class is full or zeroed out. There is availability in Economy, on some flights even very good availability.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:15 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

PVG in economy, from ARN.

Perhaps someone is playing with married segments....
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:21 pm

When I first read the title I was afraid that there would be some strike by the cabin crew to oppose the outsourcing. Later I found out that the C/A union and AY have restarted the negotiations. I just hope that we'll see Finnish cabin crew also in the future. I like their style but I know that many of you disagree.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:49 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nordic
...Later I found out that the C/A union and AY have restarted the negotiations. ...
Saw that piece of news too today. That was an interesting turn of events, I think.

Anyway, if no one else has any ideas what's the matter, I'm just gonna assume AY has a perfect 100% load factor and not dig deeper into it.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:16 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Saw that piece of news too today. That was an interesting turn of events, I think.

Anyway, if no one else has any ideas what's the matter, I'm just gonna assume AY has a perfect 100% load factor and not dig deeper into it.
Something's not right. I checked PVG-HEL for Sep 26. Also KL, SK, SU zeroed out. AF has space in first class!

Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Possibly (just thinking out loud) the airlines have either insider info on coming Russian overfly ban, or just taking precautions.

(if the EU had some balls, if/when such an ban kicks in, the next day any servicing of Russian registered aircraft by an EU-registered company and/or on EU soil would be banned - see where SU/S7/etc would fly in 2-3 days... If the yanks followed suite, overflight permissions would be restored in a moment)
Old Sep 13, 2014, 4:07 am

In October everything is back to normal, though. Note that also SU is zeroed out...
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by SPBanker
In October everything is back to normal, though. Note that also SU is zeroed out...
Major PLA exercise=China's airspace blocked?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Major PLA exercise=China's airspace blocked?
1/Oct is indeed the 65th anniv of the Maoist revolution
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:14 am

Programs: AF P, BA G, A3 *G, EK G
Just booked full Y HEL-PVG 20/09/2014 no problem. Flights showed zeroed out before I booked also.

*edit*

Probably just full load factors due to AF Strike action

Last edited by want2beaqui; Sep 19, 2014 at 9:39 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.