Wiki Posts
Search

AY going loco?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
AY going loco?

Was offered a survey on my recent return in SH J.

Most of the questions ranged from satisfaction levels with

- Experience at the airport (check-in, lounge, shopping, transfer @HEL)
- Boarding and airport staff
- Onboard hard product (seat comfort, cleanliness, lav)
- Onboard soft product (crew professionalism, food+bev quality/portion size/range)
- Value for money

All of these seem quite standard for an airline survey, but one section very much caught my eye. Now this might just be standard procedure for polls like this, but seemed indicative to me that AY might be looking to make further changes towards a more low cost approach. (Which doesn't surprise me, but is quite disappointing regardless)

Needless to say, I strongly disagreed with most of the statements suggesting I appreciate stripping down of services. However, it wouldn't surprise me if eventually we are faced with further service downgrades based on "customer demand", given the nature of the questions... (I.e. removal of food completely and more lightweight seats onboard to make the airline "greener" due to demand. )

I haven't had one of these surveys from AY before, but is this just standard or something new?

Last edited by Flythe96flag; Sep 9, 2014 at 10:09 am
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:33 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Those questions have been in the survey for at least 2 years.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I have filled that survey at least three times during last couple of years. Seems like my opinion is not counting.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Ah, so they are standard practice. Thanks ^

Well, here's to waiting for more 'enhancements'.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:54 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
I've had that kind of survey for both S/H and L/H for a while. They also seem to have (had) business class surveys (which they send at upgraded customers...).
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
At least these are substantial questions ... not like the usual "did the pilot make enough announcements" and then they offer a scale that ends in the middle "not enough ... sufficient" ... with no option of "the guy was talking over movies all the time and never shut up".
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, had one of those recently in a BA survey, frankly quite ridiculous...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.