Search

adding infant during trip

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
adding infant during trip

Hi

Does anybody have any experience about adding an infant to a ticket on Finnair during a stopover? Trying to figure out if we could use EX EU tickets to Asia but having the baby only fly the long haul portion (ticket has a few week stop over in Helsinki so we would add the baby during this stopover). Anybody done this before?
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Doesn't seem possible - maybe with the exception if the baby is born during the stopover
Old Sep 6, 2014, 1:44 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I guess this is not what you are looking for, but it is possible to buy a separate adult ticket for the child. As you will be checking in together in HEL, it won't matter that the entourage is on separate tickets.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 5:47 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SAN_Finn
Hi

Does anybody have any experience about adding an infant to a ticket on Finnair during a stopover? Trying to figure out if we could use EX EU tickets to Asia but having the baby only fly the long haul portion (ticket has a few week stop over in Helsinki so we would add the baby during this stopover). Anybody done this before?
Yes, it has been possible for my relatives. My family has done this many times with various airlines, including for Finnair flights such as when AA-issued award tickets only for adults on Finnair flights but a lap child would be flying part of the same itinerary.

What my relatives have more commonly done is get the lap child infant ticketed after the adult ticket has already been partially flown by the adult who will have the lap child infant onward from the connection/stopover point. Note that this isn't always or even commonly going to be the cheapest lap child infant ticket for some/most/all of the rest of the same flights as the accompanying adult.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.