Finnair to introduce Y+ ("comfort")

Old May 27, 2015, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Superb graph, thanks! (even though I hope not to have to make the choice of row 21 yes/no and can stick to rows 2 and 3 )
Old May 28, 2015, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by intuition

Would row 41 be a better choice than any "comfort" seat on those planes?
I too would like to know this. Going on A330-300 that has row 32 but not 37 so looking to avoid row 21.

Wondering if row 41 would be better? Interestingly, it costs more for row 41 than it does for economy comfort.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:43 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Pretty sure YYZ on 14 june is LTM/LMN/LTO/LTP/LTR.
Now first flight to ORD 13 JUN is switched to LTM-LTR.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Hello all!

I've booked my first Finnair flights that I've taken in quite some some. I'll be on the following:

20JUL ORD-HEL
05AUG HEL-JFK

I'm currently in Y+ in row 23 on both flights. As it turns out I'm quite confused by the seating flow chart. I see the missing row (37) on the ORD flight but only seats A and C. For the JFK flight it's the same.

I've got quite the long day of travel on the way there so I'd really like to choose the best seat available. Is row 21 the better row on these flights?

Would anyone be so kind as to help out?

Thank you - Kiitos!
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:38 am
HJP

Originally Posted by petteriusa
I'm currently in Y+ in row 23 on both flights. As it turns out I'm quite confused by the seating flow chart. I see the missing row (37) on the ORD flight but only seats A and C. For the JFK flight it's the same.

I've got quite the long day of travel on the way there so I'd really like to choose the best seat available. Is row 21 the better row on these flights?
Yes, they are supposed to fly this with OH-LTS/LTT/LTU, and 21 AC/JL are indeed the best Y+ seats available.

http://www.finnair.com/go/2015.6-81/Images/fleet/new/A330-300-OH-LTS-LTT-LTU_seatmap.jpg
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:21 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by HJP
Yes, they are supposed to fly this with OH-LTS/LTT/LTU, and 21 AC/JL are indeed the best Y+ seats available.

http://www.finnair.com/go/2015.6-81/...TU_seatmap.jpg
Thank you! I've managed to get 21J for the HEL-JFK flight but the ORD-HEL segment row 21 was already full. I'll have to keep checking to see if something opens up.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
21J/L or 21 A/C

A330-300 JFK-HEL, should I choose 21J/L or 21 A/C when traveling with someone, so is there any difference whether you'll sit on the left or right side of the plane?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:50 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
In spring and summer, I would take J/L to avoid the blinding sunlight.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
left or right side of the plane?
Clear skies and JFK departure runway 31L, I would take right side

Beautiful NYC view there.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:41 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I would also go with the right side 21J/L since lavatory is on the left side.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I would also go with the right side 21J/L since lavatory is on the left side.
Sorry for my stupid question but how does this affect to Y?
Do you mean the "noise" or that people would queue on front of you (isn't this left side lavatory for J only)?

Old Jul 17, 2015, 4:32 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
Sorry for my stupid question but how does this affect to Y?
Do you mean the "noise" or that people would queue on front of you (isn't this left side lavatory for J only)?

Because of queueing around your seat. At least on my JFK-HEL flight on March, Y passengers including me used that left side lavatory in front of 21A/C.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Why not seat somewhere like 23 or 24 or 25 on the comfort seat? 21 seat is no diferents at all. But one thing you have to remember even tho i have not experienced it yet. But what i believe is you sure dont want to be seated 12 hours on a long haul flight and with your own vision infront of you seat 21 is very close to the wall and close curtains in front of your view. I always say seat alittle further back just to stand out alittle more of a wider view of the plane and pasangers seats... Instead of everything up close where there is nothing else to look a other then too close to the wall infront of view..

However seat 21 is no diferents then 23 or 24 or 25.. all seats im sure are 100% good.
I also look at a website where it gives me opinions good seats and bad seats.. in this case look at this and it willhelp you choose i suppose.

But if your going to be on a long haul why not seat alittle futher back? just to let your eyes see more then just a too close the the wall and curtains. yes they do close the curtains because futher ahead is business class group seatings.

Also take note that A340-300 do not contains (head-rest) on the comfort seats. Unfortuanlly. Finnair told me by email. Some planes do but not this one on the long haul flight. Unfortunally wished it did.

Heres a good view of the plane if im not mistaken that you be on this model

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Fin...s_A340-300.php

Good thing about that website is that it gives you positive and negative which one to avoid and which one to choose. Unless of course website like this is undated.

------------

Note you said you want seat 21? theres a yellow message and it tells you what it has and what not have compare to the rest of the comfort seats

It just has a letter C instead of number but point that over with your mouse and gives you information for every seatings.

Of course not sure if thats even updated because comfort seats has been around just 9 months with finnair.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:13 pm
Suspended

Not really.
(this is getting somewhat off topic from "comfort-class" and have been discussed in other more fitting threads)

Since we get a lot of questions on how to find which config is flying I've been meaning to make a post reading that. I'll post a help here that helps finding airplane individual from studying seat map, but this flow chart is meant for a (sticky) FAQ post at a later stage.

How to find which airplane is scheduled on my AY flight, by looking at the Business or the Economy seat map.
When you say avoid 21DEH, does that mean 21JL are good or should I go for a) further back in Econ Comfort or b) exit row? (as someone who is 195/196 with shoes on)

Also: Thanks for the useful flowchart
Old Jul 19, 2015, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Avoid 21DEH means other seats in 21 is good, with better leg room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.