Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: MR on the dark side

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 1:13 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OT: MR on the dark side

Junior is doing his first and last MR, thereby securing his *G. I'm there for moral support (not really, his iPad is). But we'll both enjoy another +10k miles in our A3-accounts, and are ready to endure anything on this long day's travel towards the golden target.

RemyMartin is interested in joining, and last time I tested there was at least 4 seats available! So anyone looking to score a bit more than 50% of miles needed for *G, is willing to spend 330€ *) and a full day on narrowbodies, can devote a sunday in september and is good company is welcome to join! PM me for details. As availability may dviddle, I suggest to coordinate bookings, ie make one (1) PNR for all interested.

*) Positioning flight needed, excluded in price (≈90€?). 1 hotel night probably needed night before take-off unless going hardcore. And BTW, I'm not kidding about the full day of narrow-bodies.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by intuition
*) Positioning flight needed, excluded in price (≈90€?). 1 hotel night probably needed night before take-off unless going hardcore. And BTW, I'm not kidding about the full day of narrow-bodies.
So what do you call a full day in narrow bodies whY class?

Whose metal this would be on?
Old Jul 16, 2014, 4:34 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Over 11 hours in the air (any positioning excluded). I don't want to be more specific than that in open discussions.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 5:04 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It's a solid deal, come ooon everybooodyy!!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Jun anyone looking to score a bit more than 50% of miles needed for *G, is willing to spend 330€ .
This must be >50% for A3*G miles only? Or?? If also for SK*G for example, then this is a crazy deal!
Old Jul 16, 2014, 11:43 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Yes, towards A3*G. 16% towards SK, as it has higher threshold (and lower earnings in this case)
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
In that case wishing you a good MR! I will hold out for a repeated SK short-cut to *G as they had last fall.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Just a small indication, for those worried it's whY. This is actually "J".
Old Jul 17, 2014, 2:19 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

It is J in the same sense that F is First on a North American carrier...

While your mileage account will know the difference, you posterior won't.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:29 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
If/when you've booked the flights, would you mind sharing the flights so that other interested might take advantage of the same MR (albeit at a different date, perhaps)?

Unless of course it's a tricked itinerary and you already "published" it in the appropriate thread..
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: CX Green, AY White, A3 Blue
A really rookie question...what is MR?

And to be honest though I would love to join if I weren't leaving Europe for a while...I love flying and it would be awesome to meet some new people!!
Old Aug 7, 2014, 8:23 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

MR is 'Mileage run' - a flight taken for the sole purpose of earning miles. For some people it also means returning the same day and/or very cheap flights.

I am contemplating giving more details in the open, I will post back when I have thought it through. But really, it is not very magical. It is quite easy finding MRs on SK-flights. The key is that their "Plus"-service class earns 200% on many *A-programmes and that SK flies ex-scandinvia to many destinations with same day return. For example - ARN-MAD can be found for ≈240€. 6500 miles earned on select *A or 8000points if crediting to EB.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:48 pm

MR is 'Mileage run' - a flight taken for the sole purpose of earning miles. For some people it also means returning the same day and/or very cheap flights.

I am contemplating giving more details in the open, I will post back when I have thought it through. But really, it is not very magical. It is quite easy finding MRs on SK-flights. The key is that their "Plus"-service class earns 200% on many *A-programmes and that SK flies ex-scandinvia to many destinations with same day return. For example - ARN-MAD can be found for ≈240€. 6500 miles earned on select *A or 8000points if crediting to EB.
Ahha a mileage run! I see! That should be fun - I haven't done anything of this sort before!

But I am 12K miles short for *A Gold and my tier is getting reset in December... let's see if I am able to get to Gold by then though I doubt it. But I don't really want to be stuck in Silver as you all know it is practically nothing.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 1:18 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Are you still in MAN? (I think I read somewhere you aren't

MAN-ARN-AGP-ARN-MAN in "plus" credits 11000 miles to A3. 471€ avail in nov with same day return (but 1 night layover in ARN).

Not the best €/miles ratio but no positioning cost if you are still there. And if you are somewhere else, you have the recipie right there.

Last edited by intuition; Aug 7, 2014 at 1:23 pm Reason: Correction of miles earned
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:13 pm

Are you still in MAN? (I think I read somewhere you aren't

MAN-ARN-AGP-ARN-MAN in "plus" credits 11000 miles to A3. 471€ avail in nov with same day return (but 1 night layover in ARN).

Not the best €/miles ratio but no positioning cost if you are still there. And if you are somewhere else, you have the recipie right there.
OH wow thank you very much for searching this itinerary for me haha!! Unfortunately I won't be in MAN in November this year. I might be actually getting a chance to fly on A3 itself if I get assigned to Greece.

Despite I won't have a chance to fly that itinerary, I wonder what you would consider a good €/miles ratio?

P.S.: From MAN to ARN to AGP in November, that's three really different weather zones lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.