Wiki Posts
Search

OH-LQF/G during winter 2014/2015

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2014, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum
OH-LQF/G during winter 2014/2015

I've been successfully avoiding Finnair A340 routes for a while, but I'm also looking to book a cheap and simple vacation to Thailand for next winter.

Here's what I've been able to find:

• Other than Bangkok
    • A340, virtually guaranteed to be LQF/LQG
  • Bangkok
    • AY 89: A330
    • AY 95: A340 (At least 1/3 chance, but is it higher due to the destination?)
    • Announced third flight I can't find schedules for: A340 (As above)

The obvious choice would be to use AY89, but unfortunately Aurinkomatkat seems to have some really good deals using AY95. So to be on an A330, I'd be paying more for the added stress of arranging my own transportation to the hotel. Not hard, but it would feel ridiculous. Frankly, I'm inclined to find some other airline.

The reason I'm posting here is that I'm curious whether it's possible to find an A340 flight with a low probability of disappointment. For example: we might know there's a flight to Krabi that day, and that the other bad frame doesn't return to Helsinki in time for AY95.

So anyone know what the plans are like?
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:08 am

Programs: AY Plus, Eurobonus, Flying Blue
I'm using expertflyer for seatmaps in specific flights. I'm due to make a HEL-MIA-HEL trip (in J) in Feb-March 2015. The seatmap in J really changes from flight to flight. I currently have on both legs an A340 with 2+2+2 with full row 1 (which to me indicates an old AY configuration).
You can give me some dates and I can have a look on expertflyer. Of course changes can always happen.
Old Jul 7, 2014, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by FinlandGuy
I'm using expertflyer for seatmaps in specific flights. I'm due to make a HEL-MIA-HEL trip (in J) in Feb-March 2015. The seatmap in J really changes from flight to flight. I currently have on both legs an A340 with 2+2+2 with full row 1 (which to me indicates an old AY configuration).
You can give me some dates and I can have a look on expertflyer. Of course changes can always happen.
Thanks. I used this info and looked up the seatmap on Finnair's site. (You can see the seatmap before paying)

Seems like it's currently scheduled to be LQB-LQE. Maybe I'll take the risk.

They should really put LQF and LQG on the Tokyo route, since I prefer the JAL 787 anyway
Old Oct 4, 2014, 10:42 pm

On the Bangkok Route AY89/90 you have a 92% chance to sit in LQF/LQG. Only on 10 days a different frame has been used since September 4th. So it's the old AF-birds on the Thai Service.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:09 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by heatsink
I, but unfortunately Aurinkomatkat seems to have some really good deals using AY95.
Are they selling J seats for holiday packages?
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Yes an upgrade to BC is available for holiday packages in the coming winter, for 475/495e one way on the scheduled routes to Thailand (BKK HKT KBV), MIA and SIN. AY Points works too.

On the long haul charter flights to Caribbean and Vietnam the product is called the Comfort Class, available for around 300e one way.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Are they selling J seats for holiday packages?
At least for Swedes they sell the cheapo packages at 1500€, I mean ex-ARN J roundtrip
We finns are rich enough, we can be charged "the normal" 3000€ level
Old Dec 17, 2014, 10:51 am
HJP

Programs: AY+ Gold
I´m not sure if my question is related to this topic, but I didn´t find a more suitable thread:

I searched for nonstop HEL-HKT-HEL flights in Y, AY038 return between February 7th - 8th, 2 persons. So far these flights have been available for these days, but today all of them disappeared on AY website. Can someone check if these flights are really full or is there some kind of IT glitch?

AY chat said that at the moment it´s not bookable in Y (J available), but they won´t tell me more than that.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
For me it looks like everything is normal. AY37 available 7th Feb in Y.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 1:37 pm
HJP

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
For me it looks like everything is normal. AY37 available 7th Feb in Y.
I am looking for inbound AY038, it has only one seat available in Y.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:42 am
HJP

2 more seats were available today and I managed to book these flights. But they are still basically unavailable in AY website. Let's see how high the load factor is in reality.

P.s. I love the AY chat function - reserved seats as AA PLT through this, and it is super easy!
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:02 pm
HJP

Todays AY35 is OH-LQC and that is the first time I noticed KBV/HKT flight was not operated by OH-LQA/LQF/LQG. Does someone know if this was scheduled or is there some maintenance going on for OH-LQG that is not flying today?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
LQG arrived from SIN earlier today but haven't been seen since 06:55EET.
Old Jan 14, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by HJP
Todays AY35 is OH-LQC and that is the first time I noticed KBV/HKT flight was not operated by OH-LQA/LQF/LQG. Does someone know if this was scheduled or is there some maintenance going on for OH-LQG that is not flying today?
Some tech issues today. AY95 was planned to be A340 (LQB or LQC) but it was switched to A333. And NRT 73/74 is cancelled.

Plus AY 51 (A333) delayed 5 hrs.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
LQG took off as AY021 to DEL 1,5 hours ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.