Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:07 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
"normal" Lounge

when will the normal lounge be opened, is the actual date been released?

this info can only be found;

"Please note that Finnair Lounge is closed for complete renovation from 1 July until mid-autumn 2014"
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
From the Finnair website

Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I don't find the above statement 30.9. anywhere, but instead find the "until mid-autumn" statement on AY pages in english and finnish.

I hate to read that mid-autumn which can be anything up to Dec. I hate to wait in HEL, it is boring airport with boring narrow corridors.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:06 am

The infobox is located on this link (perhaps elsewhere as well)

https://www.finnair.com/INT/GB/finna...e-travel-class

And you are not the only one upset by the current arrangement, I was shocked at how many disgruntled silvers and golds the lounge attendant had to turn away during the 30 min I was there during the afternoon rush hour. Quite surprisingly, a majority of admissions during that time were PP or Lounge Angel, everyone signing a receipt.

I'll use it since it's offered, but I would definitely not pay a cent for entry, the food options were quite shocking along with the capacity problems.

Can't wait for the new lounge to open as well! ^

Last edited by Flythe96flag; Aug 28, 2014 at 7:23 am
Old Aug 29, 2014, 2:33 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Offered both PP and BA G when entering lounge a few days ago. The dragon took PP without haste, and discarded the BA G card. Perhaps they earn more from PP?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 7:45 am

The opening will be delayed from originally stated;

"The renovation is estimated to be completed by mid-October. "

Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:18 am

Old Sep 10, 2014, 4:22 am

Uups. Looks like I am not good at adding pictures here.

Anyway, I visited the toilet in front of the Schengen lounge and I peered in the glass windows. The lounge definitely looked very far from ready, there was a lot of work still to be done.

There was also the above picture on the door so I thought I would post here. Gives some idea how the layout will be.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
The opening will be delayed from originally stated;

"The renovation is estimated to be completed by mid-October. "

Wow. Is it now the fourth consecutive month that there's no lounge for AY Golds? I feel a bit cheated - one third of the membership year without the one perk that actually matters to me. I just don't understand why they can't offer any compensations for golds (vouchers for coffee/sandwich etc.)
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by niko
-- I just don't understand why they can't offer any compensations for golds (vouchers for coffee/sandwich etc.)
I have asked the compensating service from AY, but the tone of the messages have been "it is, what it is". The "solution" offered by AY was the possibility to downgrade me back to Y, so that I wouldn't have to worry about the missed lounge access no more. Nice going!
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: AY Plat
Thumbs down

Finnair is happy to pay for the construction company but "forgot" to think about lounge eligible customers? They could have (would have had to) give e.g. 10 e voucher to airport cafes, not the same as lounge access but at least to show good will, "we are sorry but hope you like fresh coffee!"

But no. Very bad thinking.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:00 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Benzin
Finnair is happy to pay for the construction company but "forgot" to think about lounge eligible customers? They could have (would have had to) give e.g. 10 e voucher to airport cafes, not the same as lounge access but at least to show good will, "we are sorry but hope you like fresh coffee!"

But no. Very bad thinking.
Agreed, especially to those few paying J customers.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:11 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
Agreed, especially to those few paying J customers.
I agree.

Would it be possible to make the pic a tad smaller?
Old Sep 11, 2014, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I was at the Aspire lounge this week - the front desk must be REALLY p.ssed off by this arrangement. They must turn away about half (or even more) of pax trying to enter - AY J pax and OWR/OWS elites.

At 6:30 am the crowd is still manageblae , but by 7 it becomes REALLY overcrowded - so it is understandable, that access is very limited, BUT it is really bad show from AY to not even offer a 10€ coupon valid anywhere at the airport.

(the plat desk c/i lady said that the lounge would be opened next year - I couldn't/wouldn't believe my ears and just hope that I either misheard or she was very misinformed. So let's not take it seriously - yet)
Old Sep 11, 2014, 10:43 am

Perhaps the lounge will be opened in stages, with the first part opening in October, and the full facilities opening next year?

Or then this is Finnair's *ingenious* strategy of postponing the opening on a monthly basis, to dilute the anger which would ensue a direct "no lounge access for the next 6-12 months" approach...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.