Finnair Mobile phone 'app'

Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
New version, promising "transfer to passbook" funcionality - I jumped on the update. I cannot log in now - "could not connect to Finnair Plus. Please check your network connection" Mine works just fine - maybe Finnair Plus should check theirs

Last edited by WilcoRoger; Sep 26, 2015 at 2:56 am Reason: Now works again
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
Also it amazes me how fast the App is at showing any new/updated bookings, even codeshares. They appear there immediately, sometimes I haven't even got the ticket emailed, let alone talk about the AY login page where the updates often come with a loooong delay
This struck me as strange, since both the app and the web ought to use the same repository. If a booking is available in that central repository, then no reason for different behaviour in different channels.

I haven't benched how fast each channel is, but I do see differences in how the app and the web shows bookings. For instance, I can still see a booking reference to a cancelled booking on the web while that booking is long gone in the app. And on the web, a booking on a BA codeshare is shown as 2 trips, while only one complete trip is displayed in the app.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
After upgrading other people with your upgrade vouchers, all their flights with the same conf# shows up as your flights in the app. Where to contact to report such bugs?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Well, not sure - this thread has so far been the best way to contact AY in matters regarding the app.

However, not sure it is a bug per se. When upgrading others, Finnair service center adds the FF# of the voucher owner to the booking of the upgraders. I guess the app looks for FF# anywhere in the booking. Maybe it could be altered to only look in the designated FF# field.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by aapee
For me at least the mobile option (sms link --> mobile web page) gave me the passbook file, when I opened the boarding pass. Maybe this changed after I sold the phone.
Tried it last week, when flying to STR, but I only had access to the mobile web version of the BP, no passbook file.

I really wish AY would finally produce an app for Windows Phone (maybe a universal app for W10), with Wallet support to store boarding passes there...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:09 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Well the upgradees must have entrusted the upgrader with their confirmation code in the first place, so I do not really see a problem with this.

Are you annoyed that it pollutes your customer account?
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Tried it last week, when flying to STR, but I only had access to the mobile web version of the BP, no passbook file.

I really wish AY would finally produce an app for Windows Phone (maybe a universal app for W10), with Wallet support to store boarding passes there...
Getting OT, but with Microsoft promising Android compatibility, what little incentive there was to port a company's mobile app to Windows Phone is pretty much gone (except for low-level performance-sensitive "native" apps).
Old Oct 2, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Getting OT, but with Microsoft promising Android compatibility, what little incentive there was to port a company's mobile app to Windows Phone is pretty much gone (except for low-level performance-sensitive "native" apps).
I know, but at the end from a user POV, it doesn't matter if it is a native app or a ported Android one, as long as it works properly (and from the leaked porting tool it does seem to do a great job)...
Old Oct 2, 2015, 3:23 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
Are you annoyed that it pollutes your customer account?
Exactly. I see 7 flights on the account from which only one is my own.. The web pages don't show any of the extra flights.

Originally Posted by intuition
Well, not sure - this thread has so far been the best way to contact AY in matters regarding the app.
Posted this on their FB page. Got a reply that they forwarded the info to their app team. (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...53265392867956)
Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Is it possible nowadays to use AY app and eletronic boarding pass with different FFP? Last time I used it (maybe a year ago) it forced to connect PNR with AY Plus number, so uninstalled it.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 10:29 am

I have not tried. But you can manually add trips.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Finnair

The manual "add a journey" says "Enter your six character reference. You Finnair plus number will be added to the booking". So I guess it still will.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 7:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

And again... I return to the app just to find myself logged out and no access to trips in offline mode. Need to find network and logon before being able to access trips. Seriously Finnair?!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Currently I cannot access any of my booking wia browser, but the app can at least see them. Perhaps they shuould add seat selection, food selection and all the manage my booking to the app?

I notice in the Finnair+ account section there is a listing of my tier benefits:
You have access to the Finnair Lounges and Premium Lounge with avec

So apparently some tiers don't get hard liqour to go with their coffe!
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:37 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Currently I cannot access any of my booking wia browser, but the app can at least see them.--
I noticed the same that you cannot open the reservation details from the MMB-links, but you can, however, access the MMB from AY's webpage using the reservation number and last name. So copypaste the reservation number and enter via opening page.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.