Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by klmml
I had a domestic flight yesterday and there was some confusion; it seemed the crew didn't know what "oneworld emerald" was, but once they figured out it was equivalent to AY Plat, I got my Coke Zero.
That is funny I dare say that it rather funny that flight staff are so out of touch with the frequent flyer status of the alliance perhaps a cheat sheet is needed for the sales trolley!
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
The different from the sake of difference Oneworld status naming does not help. Not to speak of confusing terminology from AA and, arguably, BA (depending if you prefer Olympic medals over rare metals).
Old Apr 30, 2016, 5:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by klmml
I had a domestic flight yesterday and there was some confusion; it seemed the crew didn't know what "oneworld emerald" was, but once they figured out it was equivalent to AY Plat, I got my Coke Zero.
Considering perk is not granted on domestic flight, I guess it is not more than fair you had to work for it.

Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
free drink is available on flights with Sky Bistro service (ie some routes in Europe/ Finland don't have it). ...
Old Apr 30, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
Considering perk is not granted on domestic flight, I guess it is not more than fair you had to work for it.
Hmm... My reading of the statement of the Finnair Plus rep is that some domestic routes indeed have Sky Bistro and the perk is perfectly applicable on those routes.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yes, that is how I read it too. Perk is attached to the Sky Bistro service concept, which indeed is present on some domestic routes. I was just grabbing a chance to tease.
Old May 2, 2016, 1:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Yes, that is how I read it too. Perk is attached to the Sky Bistro service concept, which indeed is present on some domestic routes. I was just grabbing a chance to tease.
Yep, it was a service on which Sky Bistro is offered.
Old May 2, 2016, 9:55 pm

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
Clarification on the drink/ newspaper service:
free drink is available on flights with Sky Bistro service (ie some routes in Europe/ Finland don't have it).
Luckily this does not seem to be true!

Last week I flew HEL-TMP and the crew offered coffee, tee and water to all the ten pax - as Plat I was offered "any drink of your choice" from the Sky Bistro list. There is no Sky Bistro service on that leg.

On my TMP-HEL flight the others got nothing, but we were two Plats. The steward came to us and asked what drinks we wanted to have from the Sky Bistro - and brought them!

For a 25 minute flight - well done, AY! ^^^
Old May 2, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
you're lucky, I've had several TMP flights, nothing offered, so far at least.
Old May 3, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Courmisch
The different from the sake of difference Oneworld status naming does not help. Not to speak of confusing terminology from AA and, arguably, BA (depending if you prefer Olympic medals over rare metals).
Yesterday I was listening to the service of a (apparently) more experienced stewardess. She mentioned to another customer that AY Plat entitles to a newspaper and drink of a choice, whereas generic Emerald only entitles to a drink. And yes, I got my newspaper and drink this time, unlike a few times in recent past. Didn't bother to ask, though.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:25 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Generic Emeralds

Very nice way to put it!
Old May 3, 2016, 11:30 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by TTL
Generic Emeralds

Very nice way to put it!
So its AY plat and Pirkka Emeralds 😃😃
Old May 3, 2016, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
So its AY plat and Pirkka Emeralds 😃😃
Scandic Plats and Cumulus Emeralds?
Old May 18, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
This July, my wife (no status), three children (aged 11, 9 and 7; no status) and I (OWE / AA EXP) will be traveling on AY MUC-HEL-VNO, VNO-HEL and HEL-MUC in purchased, no frills economy on AY ticket stock. We're all on the same Booking Reference Code. I have a few questions to which, after an hour or so of research in this forum, I could not otherwise find answers. I would appreciate any guidance.

1. Baggage fee avoidance. We will have three vacation weeks worth of luggage in carry-ons and, I estimate, three (3) checked bags of 23kg or less. Will my status save us from all the fees or will I receive just one free checked bag?

2. Free drinks. This is, of course, far more important than saving a few hundred Euros on bags. The content of this thread makes me confident that I will be offered (perhaps upon some prompting) a free drink on each Y leg. Will I have to immediately surrender the free drink to my wife, or will she be offered one, too, in light of my OWE status and our shared Booking Reference code?

3. Lounge access at MUC, HEL and VNO. While I have had very good luck in the past getting the whole family in first class OW lounges without an issue -- except at LHR, the fiends -- things change. What is the current feeling at this lounges about admitting a family rather than just a single guest?

Thank you in advance.

Diaspora04
Old May 18, 2016, 8:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

1. Does the ticket have a ticket type, ie Light or Basic? Unless it is Light, there is a bag allowance in the ticket, 1PC each. Your OWE will get you one more bag, if flight is operated by AY. So you could either have a total allowance of 6PC or 0PC depending...

3. In an AY lounge, with an AY tier card, the kids would be allowed without counting towards your guesting allowance. Other places and on a AA EXP my guess they would not.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
1. Does the ticket have a ticket type, ie Light or Basic? Unless it is Light, there is a bag allowance in the ticket, 1PC each. Your OWE will get you one more bag, if flight is operated by AY. So you could either have a total allowance of 6PC or 0PC depending...

3. In an AY lounge, with an AY tier card, the kids would be allowed without counting towards your guesting allowance. Other places and on a AA EXP my guess they would not.
Thanks for the quick and helpful response. Re: the baggage question, the rule says "one free bag for OWE." Do you have experience with AY interpreting that rule to grant the same benefit to the other, non-status, members in the party as well?

We're flying AY marketed flights operated by AY, with the exception of the HEL-VNO-HEL legs, which are operated by Nordic Regional. We're ticketed in a mix of "light" and "basic" depending on the leg.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.