Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by harri
Yes, Finnish alcohol laws apply to domestic flights but to flights abroad they don't.
So I guess it's also illegal to have a pint in the lounge before 9 if flying domestic?
Old Apr 27, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Originally Posted by cistavoda
So I guess it's also illegal to have a pint in the lounge before 9 if flying domestic?
I think they have some kind of special permit to sell alcohol also in morning hours, like Oak Barrel that opens at 5AM
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Furry
I think they have some kind of special permit to sell alcohol also in morning hours, like Oak Barrel that opens at 5AM
Yes, that must be the case - also the lounges must have that but on the other hand they are like a private club and don't sell anything...??
...Ahhh.. complicated better leave it
Funny that they don't apply the special early permit for the flights
Old Apr 27, 2016, 11:10 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
In Norway, domestic flights are dry before 11am...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:30 am
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair Plus
Clarification on the drink/ newspaper service:
free drink is available on flights with Sky Bistro service (ie some routes in Europe/ Finland don't have it). Newspaper is not available on flights within Finland.
Benefit is valid for AY+ Platinum as well as OWE. We are aware that there are some hiccups with the consistency and are working on it
Old Apr 28, 2016, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FinnairPlus
free drink is available on flights with Sky Bistro service (ie some routes in Europe/ Finland don't have it). Newspaper is not available on flights within Finland.
Benefit is valid for AY+ Platinum as well as OWE. We are aware that there are some hiccups with the consistency and are working on it
This is great news - thanks for the clarification ^
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:07 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
^
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
👍 Glad to hear it! This will earn some feeder business from me for sure

Lets hope the improvements continue ^^^
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Wonderful news and thank you for the clarification! ^

Now I can with confidence ask for a drink even if cabin crew might at first not realize that BA Gold equals AY Plat. Life must be so much easier for AA EXPs...
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
Wonderful news and thank you for the clarification! ^

Now I can with confidence ask for a drink even if cabin crew might at first not realize that BA Gold equals AY Plat. Life must be so much easier for AA EXPs...
And already for their normal AA Plats!

Seriously speaking, it's just PLAT (AY+) or EMER (other oneworld emerald elites) that they see in the manifests, I think.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
Originally Posted by lkrt
Seriously speaking, it's just PLAT (AY+) or EMER (other oneworld emerald elites) that they see in the manifests, I think.
I am not 100% sure on this but I think cabin crew sees in the manifests the same info that is printed on the boarding pass. For example in my case

BA GOLD
ONEWORLD EMER

That could have been the reason for confusion that no drinks have proactively been offered to me as it is easy to associate BA Gold with AY Gold.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Thank you for clarification! Seems no negative news for anybody, at least for OWEs
Old Apr 28, 2016, 10:38 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by haapalainen
I am not 100% sure on this but I think cabin crew sees in the manifests the same info that is printed on the boarding pass. For example in my case

BA GOLD
ONEWORLD EMER

That could have been the reason for confusion that no drinks have proactively been offered to me as it is easy to associate BA Gold with AY Gold.
I've asked the cabin crew about this and they've told me they don't see which company you are elite with if it isn't AY.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:28 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by lkrt
I've asked the cabin crew about this and they've told me they don't see which company you are elite with if it isn't AY.
I think it's the same way on the boarding card on some airlines (don't know with Finnair though). If you are with a different airline, it just shows the OW status.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 12:36 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
I had a domestic flight yesterday and there was some confusion; it seemed the crew didn't know what "oneworld emerald" was, but once they figured out it was equivalent to AY Plat, I got my Coke Zero.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.