Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ elite (unofficial) "soft perks"

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: AMEX Plat / AY Plat, BA GGL-CCR / Bonvoy Titanium (LTP)
Originally Posted by intuition
Your OWE will get you one more bag, if flight is operated by AY.
According to oneworld.com OWE would always get +1 bag, except on BA HBO fares. Not much help here of course.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
3. In an AY lounge, with an AY tier card, the kids would be allowed without counting towards your guesting allowance. Other places and on a AA EXP my guess they would not.
Oh, I need to make that statement a bit clearer
...they would not be allowed free of charge.

Originally Posted by diaspora04
... Do you have experience with AY interpreting that rule to grant the same benefit to the other, non-status, members in the party as well?
IME, it is strictly a personal perk. One card adds one bag to allowance, regardless of how many travelers in reservation.

Policy is also "no pooling", ie 3PC is stricly max 3PC of max 23KG each, not a 69KG allowance.

Originally Posted by Lappe
According to oneworld.com OWE would always get +1 bag, except on BA HBO fares. Not much help here of course.
AY web pages they also require flight to be "operated by AY".
Finnair Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver members and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can take one additional bag on oneworld marketed flights operated by Finnair.
Technically this excludes AY marketed flights operated by any other airline. That sounds wrong, my guess is that they mean to exclude codeshares operated by non-OW airlines.

'Norra' is to be considered as op. by Finnair.
Old May 18, 2016, 12:26 pm

AY web pages they also require flight to be "operated by AY".

Finnair Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver members and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can take one additional bag on oneworld marketed flights operated by Finnair.
Technically this excludes AY marketed flights operated by any other airline. That sounds wrong, my guess is that they mean to exclude codeshares operated by non-OW airlines.
Not exactly - as long as Finnair is a member of Oneworld, Finnair marketed flights are Oneworld marketed..

Then again - if the flights would be operated by some other airline, AY policy would not really matter, but the operating airline's policy would. (Norra = AY in this context)
Old May 18, 2016, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Policy is also "no pooling", ie 3PC is stricly max 3PC of max 23KG each, not a 69KG allowance.
But the excess fee of up to 32 kg is waived for status pax (I can't remember, which status, own only or OW, too)
Old May 18, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
But the excess fee of up to 32 kg is waived for status pax (I can't remember, which status, own only or OW, too)
According to this, both:

Originally Posted by Finnair website
A heavy bag charge applies to baggage with the maximum weight of 32 kg (70 lb) and/or maximum dimensions of 190 cm x 75 cm x 65 cm (75 in x 29.5 in x 25.5 in). The heavy bag charge is not collected from Business Class passengers or Finnair Plus Platinum or oneworld Emerald members.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:06 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Lappe
Not exactly - as long as Finnair is a member of Oneworld, Finnair marketed flights are Oneworld marketed..

Then again - if the flights would be operated by some other airline, AY policy would not really matter, but the operating airline's policy would. (Norra = AY in this context)
Well, that just my point. The text on Finnair web pages excludes the perk if the flight isn't operated by AY. Ie, an AY marketed BA operated flight would not offer OW 1PC perk according to this text.
Old May 18, 2016, 1:12 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

Yes:
Originally Posted by FinnairBaggageRelease270613
oneworld Emerald customers in Economy class have the benefit of carrying each piece of baggage free of charge up to 32 kg
... but still no pooling.

Originally Posted by FinnairBaggageRelease270613
Pooling of baggage is not allowed. Each bag has a maximum standard weight and size and if in excess, an excess charge may apply
When OP is on basic tickets, he will have 6PC. 2PC at max 32KG each, 4PC at max 23KG each. The "no pooling" policy means that you cannot combine allowances across weight and piece. Those 64KG from his emerald benefit can't be distributed across the other 3PC allowance. If they are above 23KG, fee for heavy bag will (should) be collected.

When on light ticket, he will have 1PC, 32KG. If he brings 2PC at 16kg each, fee for excess PC will (should) be collected.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:43 pm

Sort of getting back to answering original question: Googling intuition's quoted text, a release on fbta.net tells us that:

oneworld alliance promise to our customers is to allow through check in with separate tickets provided that flights on both tickets are marketed and operated by oneworld carriers. In such cases the most generous allowance of the two tickets will be honored compared to customer's baggage at the time of check in
Old May 19, 2016, 2:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
So if I have an AY Light ticket and a J ticket with another OW airline then I will get the J allowance also on my AY flight if I check through my luggage?

I just wonder now why I bought the J upgrade for my AY flight.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:06 am

Programs: AY Platinum,Marriott Gold,HH Diamond,Sixt Platinum,Hertz PC,AMEX Platinum
Any recent experiences if the old unofficial rule allowing Platinums to access non-Schengen Premium lounge on arrival still works? I would have a domestic flight but I have plenty of time for Premium lounge visit (breakfast and possible shower) before moving to Schengen lounge.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any recent experiences if the old unofficial rule allowing Platinums to access non-Schengen Premium lounge on arrival still works?
I did this a couple of weeks ago w/o any issue.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Just to add data-point:

Plat/Emer seat block seems to work quite well

PRG-HEL flight completely full except on two rows only 1 person sitting by window. Both of these gentlemen received free magazine after take off and sipped quality French sparkling later on
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:39 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Furry
Just to add data-point:

Plat/Emer seat block seems to work quite well

PRG-HEL flight completely full except on two rows only 1 person sitting by window. Both of these gentlemen received free magazine after take off and sipped quality French sparkling later on
I will be traveling DUB-HEL on June 23 (E190), upgraded myself to business. When a colleague tried to do the same, she was unable to do so. I can see that seat next to me on row 1 is free, and so is the seat next to the other person on row 1. So if the seat blocking works, my colleague is SOOL, but I will have more space during the flight.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I will be traveling DUB-HEL on June 23 (E190), upgraded myself to business. When a colleague tried to do the same, she was unable to do so. I can see that seat next to me on row 1 is free, and so is the seat next to the other person on row 1. So if the seat blocking works, my colleague is SOOL, but I will have more space during the flight.
I thought the seat block meant that it was blocked until there were no other seats and then it would be given away?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Where do you see that the seat is free? Maybe not allocated, which is not the same as free.

You might have taken the last/only F availability with your black card. And if they release more F, it's you who'll be SOOL on the E190

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.