Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Tier points mission (im)possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Tier points mission (im)possible?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I just passed 3.5M LT points but my current flight pattern and home base (less OneWorld flights) are not promising to reach LTP anytime soon...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
If I keep up the same pace as I've kept for a couple of years, I'm "only" some 14 years away from Lifetime Gold, however, revenue-based programs will probably kick in before that...

I would still be young at that point, so keeping my fingers crossed and trying to accelerate the pace even more.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by lkrt
If I keep up the same pace as I've kept for a couple of years, I'm "only" some 14 years away from Lifetime Gold, however, revenue-based programs will probably kick in before that...

I would still be young at that point, so keeping my fingers crossed and trying to accelerate the pace even more.
if the UA enthusiast can do 1.5M bis miles per year, why couldn't / shouldn't you?
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
The thing is that LTG is just not aspirational - if it were 1,6m (= 20x Gold) I'd say OKish. But 3m is 20x Plat and that gets you LTG? EVVK.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 12:42 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Especially when SK (from where AY copies many things these days) officially now offers LTG for 10 years of qualified Gold - regardless of if you qualify by miles or segments.

AY LTG requires 38 years of qualified Gold, and it is by miles only.

I even bothered to learn what EVVK is and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Last edited by intuition; Jun 29, 2017 at 12:50 am
Old Jun 29, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
I even bothered to learn what EVVK is and I couldn't have said it better myself.
Lmao
Old Jun 29, 2017, 2:09 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by remymartin
if the UA enthusiast can do 1.5M bis miles per year, why couldn't / shouldn't you?
Absolutely no reason!

In reality, my studies tend to limit my travel because of financial reasons, otherwise this would be a much more realistic scenario. As intuition said, there's not much incentive to go there or treat it as an actual goal, but I'm still slowly working my way there...
Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:15 am

Location: Not home. Average travel days during the last five years 240 days per year.
Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo&lifetime Gold , IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Marriott Platinum Elite
Maybe even Finnair do not believe that many people will ever reach the points needed for lifetime Platinum tier. At least the enclosed screen shot from my profile supports that believe. I sent email to Finnair customer care today and asked if this could be somehow fixed. Not sure yet if this is only issue with my account or general error with multiple accounts. Anyway I still believe that 5 000 000 is needed to reach Lifetime Platinum tier.

Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:15 am

My LT tier view looks different. I don't even see that "Gain Lifetime Platinum" thing...

Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:05 pm

I'm approaching 4M lifetime AY+ points (and have hold AY+ Platinum status since 2006 IIRC) but due to my current travel pattern I still don't expect to reach lifetime Platinum anytime soon.

Wanted to ask a couple of related questions -

1. How many lifetime Platinum members does AY have? (if anyone @FT has insight on this)
2. Who has the highest AY+ lifetime points cumulation @FT?
3. Who has the highest consecutive years of Platinum status @FT?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:09 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FinOWE
3. Who has the highest consecutive years of Platinum status @FT?
Being plat since 2006 is surely one of the longer streaks, I'd suppose.
Because a lot of FT'ers dropped out of the program in the ca 2009 revamp.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:38 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Being plat since 2006 is surely one of the longer streaks, I'd suppose.
Because a lot of FT'ers dropped out of the program in the ca 2009 revamp.
Yes, indeed, I’m one of those who went over to BA for few years...Plat 2004-10 and then again from 2014->

Only ca. 2,5M in total so even LT Gold will take time..LT Plat is for more serious travellers for sure.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
What happened in 2009? Things got substantially worse? It would be nice to hear how was life back then.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 1:50 am
Moderator, Finnair

Main change membership period went from 2 years to 1 year. Threshold was alsi halved, but the 2 year period was more flex if you had a slow year.

Not sure if at the same time, but ow flights started to earn only 125% in j

Last edited by intuition; Apr 6, 2019 at 1:57 am
Old Apr 6, 2019, 3:12 am
R2

Not sure if at the same time, but ow flights started to earn only 125% in j
For those of us who prefer to fly on other oneworld carriers in C, this was the big downgrade in AY Plus. Prior to this change oneworld C earned 200% and First 300%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.