Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Tags will come next year. This a new way to make sure You'll fly Platinum again.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:20 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I managed to renew AY platinum membership. Today I received my new combined frequent flyer and credit cards. I don’t know if it was a pure mistake or considered decision but I didn’t get luggage tags. The space reserved for them was empty. However, they sent me two plastic ribbons. Very nice gift. I feel myself so valued loyal customer.
But as a compensation for removing the luggage tags, AY has now introduced a new benefit: extended platinum membership with one year – at least if one believes what's written in the cover letter I received.

It says:

"Platinum-jäsenyytesi on voimassa kuluvan seurantajaksosi loppuun asti ja olet varmistanut sen jo seuraavalle 12 kuukauden mittaiselle seurantajaksollesi."

In English:

"Your Platinum membership is valid until the end of your current tracking period, and you have already ensured it also for your next tracking period of 12 months."

My tracking period started in the beginning of April and the cover letter is dated April 11, 2017.

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Apr 18, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Apr 18, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
same here. apparently they stopped sending them. I asked.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Just a data point - I got also the luggage tag (only one). Tracking period ended 28-Feb.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:41 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler

"Your Platinum membership is valid until the end of your current tracking period, and you have already ensured it also for your next tracking period of 12 months."
So once again someone mixed up the personalised texts. This clearly is the text for those who upgraded to plat mid-year, not for the plat renewals.

Finnair please. If you don't have the competence to handle personalised communicatio, just stop trying. Just write generic texts and stop sending out utterly false information.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 4:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by aapee
How generous of them. The elastic snaps offat least once a year, so it is not like they aren't needed.

I checked in with QR the other day. Was immediately offered a QR branded high quality name tag. Accepted it. How funny things turns out sometime.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 9:43 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by FinOWE
Just a data point - I got also the luggage tag (only one). Tracking period ended 28-Feb.
Same here.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:58 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by aapee
On the phone the guy said they stopped sending them, but promised to send me a couple anyway. Got them today. The cover letter referred to missing tags so maybe he was wrong and they were missing by mistake.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:02 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
A postman today brought two platinum tags for me, too.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum (oneworld Emerald), Bonvoy/Radisson/Hilton Gold
Mine was missing too, maybe I should ask for one...
Old Apr 26, 2017, 4:32 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Got my DC and MC plats last week in separate envelopes with two smelly plastic straps only. Let's see if there will be more luggage tags.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Here's what the Milestone choices are these days (200k, 300k & 400k) - you need to fly 400k before being eligible for the Sony CD box!

I value the points much higher then the technically same value vouchers, because the points don't expiry at the end of the membership year (vouchers do) and they are more versatile (u/g, flight, points & stuff), even with the fact that you can use vouchers to upgrade an economy reward flight.
Attached Images      
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:37 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Here's what the Milestone choices are these days (200k, 300k & 400k) - you need to fly 400k before being eligible for the Sony CD box!
Dang, not going to get that box then. I wonder how many points are needed to get a CD player...

I value the points much higher then the technically same value vouchers, ...
One thing though that speaks for the vouchers at the 200k level is if you want to upgrade a LH. Then those 4 SH vouchers suddenly are worth more. The Plat vouchers covers 3 LH upgrades, so one more can fit very nicely in there.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
True, but as most people who hit 200k do it near the end of their membership year, so the vouchers must be used pronto (at least this is my understanding of how the threshold vouchers work, too)
Old Oct 3, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, GC Jade
True, but as most people who hit 200k do it near the end of their membership year, so the vouchers must be used pronto (at least this is my understanding of how the threshold vouchers work, too)
Did AY give up on the 200k gift? I hit 200k in early September, and haven't seen anything yet. And I can't remember what the lag between 200k and the email was last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.