Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Best way to check availability/book upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best way to check availability/book upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:43 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Did it break again? I can't the upgrade availability to show anything else than "your flight could not be found" now...
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Aha, a change of browser solved the problem...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Did not find a better thread for this but be free to move if there is.

In Diners Club thread there was talk about those two SH upgrade vouchers that you got by signing up to Diners Club and that were supposed to be valid until year end but which were in fact valid for longer time (my vouchers are valid until 30.6.2014).

However it is not shown anywhere in Finnair pages. The usual location (if you have those from Platinum status etc) did not show anything. The Finnair Plus help center confirmed my voucher expiration time in email.

HOWEVER (and here comes the question):

When I finally got around to insert my FFP's to Awardwallet, it found them automatically and added it to display with correct expiration date. How can Awardwallet find information that is not even displayed for me in web site?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Amazing how the upgrade checker is still not working under Firefox.

Once of those rare times I need to launch Chrome to get the job done...
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by aster

?? Works very well for me with Firefox.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA, AY, SK
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Ditto. It's Chrome on iOS that doesn't always behave well with the upgrade availability checker.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:56 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by aster

I'll just echo aster's experience - cannot get it to work in Firefox. It just says "Cannot find your flight". Safari works fine. Is it a Firefox on Mac thing? Or could it be a setting or adblocker that makes some of us fail on Firefox?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
I'll just echo aster's experience - cannot get it to work in Firefox. It just says "Cannot find your flight". Safari works fine. Is it a Firefox on Mac thing? Or could it be a setting or adblocker that makes some of us fail on Firefox?
I have Firefox + Adblocker, but on PC.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:09 pm
Moderator, Finnair

To answer my own question - it is Finair who wants to use behavioural targeting on us. You need to let Firefox access a swarm of diagnostic sites like nuggad.net, inpref.com, zanox.com and also a million or so of google servers.

It seems blocking trackers and adware makes the search erratic.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

I have Firefox + Adblocker, but on PC.
Argh, I cannot replicate. Turned on blocking of evil sites, and it still worked.. Interesting to hear from aster what kind of equipment he is running if that is the only differentiating factor
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:18 am

Strange indeed. Now that I try it again with Firefox it can't find any flights from HEL to LHR in March, but some April dates are just fine. For example April 11th works, but March 14th doesn't.

Could the back end just be buggy?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:24 am
Moderator, Finnair

As there is availability 13 march and 15 march, I'd say it is just no seats released that date.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:34 am

It should list the flights anyway and display a X in the rightmost column.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Yes, you are right. It says "Could not find your flight" like an error message that something internally went wrong.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by hoeg
It should list the flights anyway and display a X in the rightmost column.
I tried every day in March for HEL-LHR (Chrome on PC). There is availability on every flight (although sometimes only 1 or 2). HOWEVER. For Saturdays I always get a strange error message telling me it could not find the flights. If there is no upgrade availability, there should be a red cross, as you said. Something is not right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.