Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New relaxation and sleeping area to be opened at Helsinki Airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2013, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+

From Helsinki Airport site, from 13.8.2013. It seems that is not a lounge, but a new place open for all passengers that has even a sleeping area.

In the beginning of September, Helsinki Airport will introduce a new, unique resting area. It provides air passengers with three different options for resting and relaxation.

The rest area is a coherent, peaceful area by Gate 31. Passengers have access to different kinds of easy chairs and a separate, closed space with sleeping spots.

The resting area will first be piloted, and during the pilot, passengers are requested to submit feedback to develop the new service.

The style is of Finnish nature and design, created by six Finnish companies, which, for the first time, combine their products and services into a well-functioning package.

The pilot is implemented by Finavia and Vantaa Innovation Institute.

http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/more-i...-sleeping-area
Old Aug 21, 2013, 9:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Maybe the plan is to put all pax on badly delayed services here instead of putting them to an airport hotel! Another "enhancement" by Finavia/AY!
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: LH, AY, EK, CX
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Maybe the plan is to put all pax on badly delayed services here instead of putting them to an airport hotel! Another "enhancement" by Finavia/AY!
Here we have a bloke whose glass is always half empty. Why even bother?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Link not working.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA, AY, SK
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Link not working.
Here's a working link:

http://www.finavia.fi/en/news-room/n...sinki-airport/

Same in finnish:

http://www.finavia.fi/fi/tiedottamin...ettu-lepoalue/
Old Jan 12, 2014, 8:03 pm

Is this still open, and which side of the Schengen/non-Schengen divide is it on? It's not listed anywhere on the official airport site as far as I can tell, but "next to gate 31" implies Schengen side?

An acquaintance traveling from PEK to JFK via HEL with a 23.5h layover and no Schengen visa would like to know...
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:37 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
It's still there, on the Schengen side:
http://www.finavia.fi/en/helsinki-ai...laxation-area/
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:21 pm

Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:05 pm

<deleted>
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:54 am

23 hours stopover in Helsinki

Dear All,

can any one guide me, i am pakistani national and i booked my ticket from Dubai to Paris and have stopover in Helsinki airport about 23 hours, i have schengen visa which is issued from france embassy, so can i stay in helsinki airport 23 hours ? or i have to take transit visa?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:06 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Omair Hasan
Dear All,

can any one guide me, i am pakistani national and i booked my ticket from Dubai to Paris and have stopover in Helsinki airport about 23 hours, i have schengen visa which is issued from france embassy, so can i stay in helsinki airport 23 hours ? or i have to take transit visa?
Yes you can. You will enter the Schengen area at HEL anyway so no one will be interested in your passport once you get in at HEL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.