Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inflight survey

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I received Finnair survey by e-mail.

First question was: how many, if any, intercontinental round-trip flights have you made for business purposes in the last 12 months?

and next step after my answer ( 0 ) was :

I can assure you that you didn't miss anything. It was mostly just questions like "do you know which airlines belong to oneworld?" "which global airline alliances have you heard of?" etc.
Altho one interesting thing was question about possible ability to use vouchers and points for upgrades between airlines.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by reflektia
I can assure you that you didn't miss anything. It was mostly just questions like "do you know which airlines belong to oneworld?" "which global airline alliances have you heard of?" etc.
Altho one interesting thing was question about possible ability to use vouchers and points for upgrades between airlines.
My recent questionnaire was quite different (IIRC). They were very keen on how many return trips on business and in total, how many long hauls (all during the last year). And of course, what airlines I have used during the year. Too bad the answer options were tailored for direct flights, not ones with multiple segments one way (do I answer I flew AY if first leg was Finnair but the next 5 were AA, american eagle, US airways and so forth). Most annoyingly they were thinking I only flew LHR-HEL even though the trip started with AY's HEL-JFK leg...

But still, no big loss if you could cut the questionnaire short.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 2:24 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by intuition
First I went "what?!?" and then I saw the keywords 'for business purposes'... But isn't the pursuit of plat tier a very serious business?
Excactly! Chasing Platinum and AY -miles is hard job and harder than any company paid business trip.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:34 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by reflektia
I agree. And to clarify, I think this was more of an OneWorld questionnaire.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: Finnair plat
Excactly! Chasing Platinum and AY -miles is hard job and harder than any company paid business trip.
And much much more expensive
Old May 3, 2015, 4:06 am

And again I received same funny survey via email.

Q: How many, if any, intercontinental round-trip flights have you made for business purposes in the last 12 months?

A: 0

--->Thank you very much for your time today. We need to speak to people who fit certain criteria, and on this occasion the remainder of the survey will not be relevant to you so we won’t take up any more of your time. Once again, thank you for your help.

@:-)

Why they are interested only opinions of business (no C) travellers?
Old May 3, 2015, 8:56 am

This one was about Oneworld as an alliance, how it compares with other alliances and what are the good benefits and what could be improved.
Old May 3, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I received an AA oneworld survey and there certainly was nothing about business vs. leisure travel.
Old May 3, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I think I read that BA were doing a similar survey about oneworld.
Old May 3, 2015, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
I received an AA oneworld survey and there certainly was nothing about business vs. leisure travel.
The Finnair survey lacked also the business aspect completely. I wonder, why they target only people who travel inter-continental for business.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 1:30 pm

Again a new survey and again I was not a people who fits in certain criteria.

Q: How many, if any, intercontinental round-trip flights have you made for business purposes in the last 12 months?

A: 0

----> Thank you very much for your time today. We need to speak to people who fit certain criteria, and on this occasion the remainder of the survey will not be relevant to you so we won’t take up any more of your time

But this time it was named as Finnair Flyers Speak Survey, not far away from Flyers Talk....
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:15 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Again a new survey and again I was not a people who fits in certain criteria.

But this time it was named as Finnair Flyers Speak Survey, not far away from Flyers Talk....
😄

My wife (AY Gold) received the same - quite a short survey, indeed. 😁
Old Mar 14, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Got one recently too and I did fill in. Questions were rather "biased" however, can't remember anymore and don't really care...
Old Mar 14, 2017, 3:54 pm

If I fly long-hauls for business purposes, why my opinion is more valuable than if I fly for fun or pleasure or I do what ever in my destination? These surveys are like from 1980's.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
I enjoy the confusion it must cause AY. How can anyone fly long haul business for fun!!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!??!!!! ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.