Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:12 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by intuition
You might be right, but expertflyer does not show any 'LI' fares published. They show 'BA' fares that pricewise corresponds with the price I get when I book a light ticket type on AY web page.
Do you have an example I can look into?
I have a (domestic) ticket issued from Light type as:
Outbound: ZLLI2FI
Return: W0LIFI04
Old Apr 22, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
This is very clewer marketing to say, as seen with Nordic light-fares, new light fare is exactly the same than Basic before, therefore making it more expensive to travel with luggage and same price without luggage as before. Now majority of people who don't monitor prices actively, think that wow, Finnair is finally challenging Norwegian!

If you don't count the loyalty program and OW-perks, Finnair is now low-cost airline in terms of services. (Not taking MUSTIKKAMEHU into account!)

Luckily:

Finnair Plus Silver, Gold and Platinum members and oneworld Emerald and Sapphire members can take one piece of checked baggage free of charge with Light ticket type.

http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/light
Old Apr 22, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
You might be right, but expertflyer does not show any 'LI' fares published. They show 'BA' fares that pricewise corresponds with the price I get when I book a light ticket type on AY web page.
Do you have an example I can look into?
I have these:
HEL-ARN ZLI2FI
ARN-HEL W0LIFI01
Old Apr 22, 2015, 11:07 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Courmisch
I have a (domestic) ticket issued from Light type as:
Outbound: ZLLI2FI
Return: W0LIFI04
Originally Posted by jp_fin
I have these:
HEL-ARN ZLI2FI
ARN-HEL W0LIFI01

Searching the routes on random dates, there are no 'LI' fares is expertflyer. However, for each example, the corresponding 'BA' fare is 20€ more expensive than the light fare bookable at AY. So LI is indeed cheaper than BA and I guess the 'LI' fares are just not show on EF. Perhaps miikkak's post explains why

Originally Posted by miikkak
It's very likely point of sale issue. Nordic OTAs like ebookers/mrjet, supersaver and Travellink can find light fares but orbitz.com, expedia US etc can't find them. I think Light fares have been published only in European market (=> expertflyer can't find them).
I do search expertflyer with local point-of-sale but it seems the fares are published in a way that hides them for expertflyer.

-- ADDDED --
This is getting OT. I have posted more on this subject in
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...res-hbo-5.html

Last edited by intuition; Apr 22, 2015 at 2:15 pm Reason: linking to other thread
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:28 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
New summer long-haul biz meals from chef Kari Aihinen (Savoy), starting yesterday. Blog in Finnish:

http://blog.finnair.com/2015/04/29/m..._FB_blog_promo
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
What happens when you remove the slippers

Just found this pic, from back when slippers were removed from the amenity kits.

Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:55 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Yesterday was the 100th birthday of Tapio Wirkkala, i.e. the man who designed Ultima Thule glasses for Finnair in 1969 for the new route to New York.

So cheers to all!

Pic shamelessly stolen from qualityhunters.com
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Absolutely love the Ultima Thule glassware. ^ ^
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

I noticed they have removed the table cloths from the second service. (IIRC they were still around in februari when I last flew). Now, for second service, the food tray is put on the bare table.

Also, I've noticed that they have given up on the idea of saving money by trying to get people to eat all meals (starter, main and desert) with the same fork. They will now bring a new set of utensils for main course.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

BTW, they have a new moisterizer in the toliet - a really good one. Nice smell, quick dry formula, effective skin softener. ^
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Last few points postings has exhibit an oddity. The accumulators (tier, award and LT tier) have updated 3 days after flight but without the accompanying transactions details. A day later (or two?), the transactions finally appears.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Last few points postings has exhibit an oddity. The accumulators (tier, award and LT tier) have updated 3 days after flight but without the accompanying transactions details. A day later (or two?), the transactions finally appears.
I've had that happen occasionally.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by cistavoda
I've had that happen occasionally.
I've had that happen always and thought it is a feature of AY+?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 3:34 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by esledo
I've had that happen always and thought it is a feature of AY+?
+1. Happens all the time.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:22 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Aha, maybe I didn't check my account this often before and therefore never saw it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.