Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
I neither care of the amenity bag as such, but when you try to survive 2 weeks longhaul trip with only 1 carry-on bag, even the samllest packing items count. I don't even pack liquids with me! It saves me some space, weight and safety control. If I don't then get amenity kit or some reasonable stuff at hotels, I will simply buy them once at destination. YMMV
Why on earth don't you take a real suitcase for 2 week journey? I take one for 4 day trip, for 2 weeks I might already take 2 suitcases...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:04 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For me, exactly what FFlash said. I don't care about the kit per se, but I depend on the function it provides.
With AY marketing themselves as an airline which brings you peace of mind in travel, it is actually outrageous to just run out of things.

Also, I depend on being able to sleep on the plane. Without earplugs and eye mask it is pretty difficult and without sleep on a redeye I'm a wreck the next day. That is not acceptable to me.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:03 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by intuition
Also, I depend on being able to sleep on the plane. Without earplugs and eye mask it is pretty difficult and without sleep on a redeye I'm a wreck the next day.
I am not sure what it is, BUT there is definitely something with the amenity kits... EY had to start offering proper kits (it was more like the AY concept before), TK gives out Porsche Design (huh, expensive!) kits...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
TTL, for me it's partially not having to think about bringing moisturizer on board when paying 3000-4000 euro for my ticket and partially I feel sorry for my airline, which seems to completely ignore competition and finds it alright to offer the cheapest amenity kit on the market (or the cheapest meal, or the cheapest mid-fligt snacks).
Old Feb 22, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
As reported elsewhere the new amenity kits have arrived. Contains earplugs, eye pad (low quality), tooth brush kit, lip balm and skin care.

No socks in bag, but available on request, together with shaving kit,mouth wash, hair brush and make up removal pads.

Slippers are also on request, but was present at seats on this flight. I guess it depends on route or staff.

In toilet, one shave kit and one hairbrush.

I asked for socks at a quiet moment (5-10 minutes before boarding complete). 1 hour after take off, after dinner service had started, I was given 1 sock. Since I have two feet, I asked if there possibly could be a mate to this lonely one, and just a few minutes later I had 3 socks in my possesion.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

A novelty today was a traditional fortune cookie. Nice touch on certain routes.

Inside was just a generic marketing slogan, sadly. I wish they had gone the full yard and made up a few real fortunes. That would have made a greater impression. Now they just came off as a company that dont understand fortune cookie but wanted to leverage on it.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 2:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

New pre order meals in short haul Y (the 10€/12€ meals)
  • Meatballs with mashed potatoes
  • Chicken breast fillet with mashed potatoes and cream cheese sauce
  • Indian chickpea stew
  • Warm breakfast platter with omelette
  • Greek salad
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), Hertz PC, Sixt Plat, Hilton Gold
new Light-ticket

http://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/light

"Our new Light ticket type allows you to travel with carry-on baggage only within Finland, Scandinavia and the Baltics, meaning you don’t have to pay for checked baggage if you don’t have any. From 5 May onward Light tickets will also become available to all Finnair destinations within Europe* and the Middle East."

This is an especially good news if you use your AY points for (SH) upgrades,
because now you can get the ticket even cheaper, and by upgrading you end up having the normal J baggage allowance,

or am I missing something?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
because now you can get the ticket even cheaper,

Getting ticket cheaper? No way, nothing is cheaper

This Light -thing is a trick:
Ex Basic tickets were like 109€ including 1 bag. Now Basics are gone and Light is still that 109€ or even more and You get 0 bag.

But they keep telling us now You pay for what You need. These are cheap tricks and made by Marketing professionals.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 3:49 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Karjaluokka
... and by upgrading you end up having the normal J baggage allowance,

That is correct - baggage allowance is normally determined by factual travel class, so a upgraded J ticket has the same allowance as the revenue J ticket. So a light ticket goes from 0 to 2 bags when upgraded.
Don't expect the documents from Finnair to show correct allowance after upgrade though. You need to rely on CI staff knowing.

Another way to check in a bag on a light ticket is to carry any AY tier card, since they all has +1PC as a perk.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 4:05 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
This Light -thing is a trick:
Ex Basic tickets were like 109€ including 1 bag. Now Basics are gone and Light is still that 109€ or even more and You get 0 bag.
Indeed.
AFAI can tell, the underlying published fare for a R-Light ticket exCPH is named RBA2DK, incidentally the exact same name a R-Basic ticket used 3 months ago.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
AFAIK, Light fares are LI, not BA.

I wonder how that change will affect AF marketing codes on the CDG route.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:02 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

You might be right, but expertflyer does not show any 'LI' fares published. They show 'BA' fares that pricewise corresponds with the price I get when I book a light ticket type on AY web page.
Do you have an example I can look into?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:39 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Another way to check in a bag on a light ticket is to carry any AY tier card, since they all has +1PC as a perk.
Got confirmation from Finnair chat, that OWE can take a 1PC as well.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
You might be right, but expertflyer does not show any 'LI' fares published. They show 'BA' fares that pricewise corresponds with the price I get when I book a light ticket type on AY web page.
Do you have an example I can look into?
It's very likely point of sale issue. Nordic OTAs like ebookers/mrjet, supersaver and Travellink can find light fares but orbitz.com, expedia US etc can't find them. I think Light fares have been published only in European market (=> expertflyer can't find them).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.