Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reports on service updates

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
I still want to know which champers you were referringt to, JoWa

FWIW Alko sells a champagne at 20€, too.
Sorry, according to this thread the new AY champagne is Nicolas Feuillatte, that reportedly could be found at E 20,60 in Carrefour.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Size
So leave the wine and the champagne - go for the spirits. Gin Tonic & Bloody Mary :-)
It´s just a shame that AY - despite the famous finnish "Lonkero" long drinks -
only offer Tonic, not Bitter Lemon nor Grape Fruit as mixers.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:42 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by JoWa
Sorry, according to this thread the new AY champagne is Nicolas Feuillatte, that reportedly could be found at E 20,60 in Carrefour.
Keep in mind that AY's champagne is in fact brut grande reserve, which is not the ordinary blue labelled feuillatte. I visited the feuillatte estates last summer and remembered that the selling price was more close to 30€ instead of 20€.

Having tasted the product yesterday in the air, i must say that i preferred the previous Joseph Perrier champagne, which had better mousse and more complexity. This one was quite light and fruity champagne style, nice acidity thought.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:56 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Kelju

Having tasted the product yesterday in the air, i must say that i preferred the previous Joseph Perrier champagne, which had better mousse and more complexity. This one was quite light and fruity champagne style, nice acidity thought.
My sentiments exactly. I said something like this upthread, but too lazy to find it...

Also, may the Easter Bunny be kind to everyone!
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:59 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
With no offence I think cheap champagne fits nicely to AY's overall J product, you get what you pay for. I first thought it was Cava, I do not like it at all..

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Apr 18, 2014 at 5:23 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 18, 2014, 2:51 pm

I haven't had the chance of trying the long haul Nicolas Feuillatte but I do like the blue labelled version served on intea-European flights. I'm not sure if the Finnish prices reflect the quality but years agi NF was cheap but now it is well over 34 € at Alko. JP when available cost less. So I can't think the changes was done for a cost-cut reason. I think someone must have thought that it would be nice to offer something different.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It's no worse than what I'll be drinking on BA in abt 1hr - Heidsieck blue.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:21 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nordic
I haven't had the chance of trying the long haul Nicolas Feuillatte but I do like the blue labelled version served on intea-European flights.
My understanding is that they should have brown label NF in euro-J too (though blue label shown in bar menu). Can anyone confirm this?
Old Apr 19, 2014, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by remymartin
It's no worse than what I'll be drinking on BA in abt 1hr - Heidsieck blue.
True, but BA doesn't make any number out of it, as AY has done this spring about their new classless, cheap choice..and with BA you have the premium stuff available for real premium pax/fares, unlike AY..

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Apr 20, 2014 at 12:00 am Reason: Typo
Old Apr 19, 2014, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by esledo
My understanding is that they should have brown label NF in euro-J too (though blue label shown in bar menu). Can anyone confirm this?
No, it is the blue labelled version in Euro-J and in the current lounge. Let's see what will be served in the near-future non-Schengen premium lounge or whatever it will be called.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nordic
No, it is the blue labelled version in Euro-J and in the current lounge.
Alright, thanks for the info. Need to try out that on the next flight.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 11:55 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
No daily newspapers anymore on SH? Today, all that was offered was "Helsinki Times" some kind of metro clone weekly publication with re-used re-written news
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by intuition
No daily newspapers anymore on SH? Today, all that was offered was "Helsinki Times" some kind of metro clone weekly publication with re-used re-written news
Due to Easter the "daily" might have been the issue? I do not read print papers much but doubt they all have full freq. over Easter...?

Just wonder why didn't you ask the crew if it bothered you..more chances they knew why nothing was available than us here..
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:17 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by intuition
I did indeed get an Ilta-Sanomat while onboard on Saturday. The thing might be that no daily newspapers have come out in the last couple of days because of the Easter bank holidays.

Edit: Whoops, I might have been a bit slow!

Last edited by lkrt; Apr 21, 2014 at 12:35 pm
Old Apr 21, 2014, 12:49 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Aha, I lost track of the days. Surely no daily prints today.

I was also tricked a bit by the presentation of the paper "available in 350 Finnair flights and trains, ..." so I got the impression Finnair moved from paying for daily papers to a barter deal with this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.