Finnair Gift Cards with 20% discount

Subscribe
Finnair gift cards can be bought today with 20% discount from the Finnish site using discount code JOULU01.^ http://www.finnair.com/FI/GB/joulukalenteri
Gift cards are valid only for AY-operated flights and are valid for 1 year.
Thanks for the tip! I got myself a EUR2000 gift card. Had to get it right now since I don't count on these being for sale until midnight if they prove to be a huge success...
I assume the remaining balance can be reused? I couldn't find it anywhere on the website, they were talking how you can pay the extra with a credit card or internet banking if booking something that costs more than the value of the cards, but what if I book a 200€ flight with a 1000€ gift card?
Quote: I assume the remaining balance can be reused? I couldn't find it anywhere on the website, they were talking how you can pay the extra with a credit card or internet banking if booking something that costs more than the value of the cards, but what if I book a 200€ flight with a 1000€ gift card?
From Finnair website:

Quote:
The voucher can also be used for multiple purchases.
Thanks for the tip, already got couple 500€ vouchers (easier to use if one wants to sell them to a friend) and I'm thingking should I make an executive decision and burn company credit card for the vouchers. I could not find anywhere info on any limits, i.e., flights paid with vouchers would be seen as awards so there shouldn't be any trap regarding these vouchers but still...
Quote: ... I'm thingking should I make an executive decision and burn company credit card for the vouchers.
Have you found a way to pay these with cc? I was able to pay them only with electronic banking. Normally gift cards are treated as cash equivalent but it would nice if someone would take screenshots of the purchase process when buying (just in case).
Well, after realizing that those vouchers might be difficult to use due to the departure-restriction, decided not to bother. Took two 500e voucher for my self, luckily there will be couple eurozone trips planned in the year so those vouchers will definately be used.
Quote: Have you found a way to pay these with cc? I was able to pay them only with electronic banking.
Their website states that the gift cards are paid with CC. However, no such alternative was possible for me, either. I even tried to change the country of residence to Austria but to no avail.

You can use the remaining balance for other purchases, however they always round up charges to the next euro, so if your purchase is 200,01 EUR, they withdraw 201 EUR from the GC. This, as far as I recall, is not mentioned anywhere on their website.
I think they changed the wording. Now it says internet banking only, at least on their Finnish site.

I think they didn't want to sell too many of these so they don't allow credit cards for that reason.
"Payment possible only by internet banking"...
Quote: "Payment possible only by internet banking"...
...still at the bottom of the page there are still logos vor V, MC, AX and DC...
Quote: "Payment possible only by internet banking"...
They added that during the day. I think the original wording was something like "20% off all flights" as well instead of gift cards. They have been changing it quite a bit.
This is just insane. They allow only Finnish based internet banking. The offer exists on the swedish site, but since they removed any payment option available in sweden, they killed the deal for me.
The headline still says "Offers for everyone" - no, not true.
I guess someone pushed the panic button.

"Look, we have this offer and people are actually taking it up - we've gotta do something!"
Quote: I think they changed the wording. Now it says internet banking only, at least on their Finnish site.

I think they didn't want to sell too many of these so they don't allow credit cards for that reason.
I'd guess they didn't want to pay the credit card fees on top of the discount. In practice that makes it an offer for those with a Finnish bank account (with cash in it) only, so they should have targeted it more closely.