Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair business class offers Ex India

Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:07 am
Original Poster

I personally would not use Finnair for the extremely poor service, however someone may find it useful

link
Old Jun 26, 2012, 12:12 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Finnair Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:47 pm

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
Extremely poor service sounds a little harsh, I bet you have had one bad experience.
Their BC product is actually pretty good. So don't be afraid to use this offer.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:15 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Return trip from India to Europe in business class for 1400 euros! And someone wishes to complain

The poor Finns, however, have to pay nearly 4000 euros for mere HEL-DEL-HEL flights in front of the curtain. <insert here at least 12 obscenities, profanities, and curse words>

Last edited by TTL; Jun 26, 2012 at 11:20 pm
Old Jun 27, 2012, 11:36 pm

I had considered them for USA-DEL (India), but there was an almost 24-hr "airport stay" in Helsinki on the DEL-USA journey.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by fw10001
I had considered them for USA-DEL (India), but there was an almost 24-hr "airport stay" in Helsinki on the DEL-USA journey.
Consider it as a free stopover in HEL
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:46 am

And a visa?

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
If one is to even venture out into the cold, a Shengen visa might be needed, right? I'll be carrying an Indian passport.
If one stays within airport, can one skip the visa/transit visa? Any decent lounges? I see you are in HEL, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fw10001
If one is to even venture out into the cold, a Shengen visa might be needed, right? I'll be carrying an Indian passport.
If one stays within airport, can one skip the visa/transit visa? Any decent lounges? I see you are in HEL, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!
Too bad, with Indian passport you really need a Schengen visa to get landside Based on you location I thought it'd be a US one.

There are I think two lounges non-Schengen side, one is AY's own, quite decent, the other is a contract lounge, also good. But none of them are such that I'd want to spend 20+ hrs in there.

There are some discussion on the lounges here, browse around, this is a rather smal corner in FT-land
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:12 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
What should a Shengen visa have to do with this specific Indian bargain? Most likely the destinations intented would visits within Schengen anyhow. I think such bargains should not exist at all!
Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TTL
What should a Shengen visa have to do with this specific Indian bargain? Most likely the destinations intented would visits within Schengen anyhow.
The poster would be flying from India via HEL to the US with 20+ hrs layover. The visa issue therefore is relevant, imo.

I think such bargains should not exist at all!
Or at the very least they should be available ex-HEL, too

All airlines have premium cabin campaigns from time to time - e.g. Emirates offers < 1900€ to KUL, ICN, CPT, etc in C, +1000€ in F (!) ex-DE
Old Jun 29, 2012, 2:29 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
All airlines have premium cabin campaigns from time to time - e.g. Emirates offers < 1900€ to KUL, ICN, CPT, etc in C, +1000€ in F (!) ex-DE
Exactly! The key is the have them for non-flexible fare classes and for relatively short time so that not so many businesses/corporations can take advantage of them, just like BA and many others do.

I do not understand why AY never sells premium cabins competetively priced ex-HEL, short haul is expensive from anywhere and long haul always from HEL..

But hey, AY management do really seem how to run an airline profitably, don't they?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 4:25 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

Or at the very least they should be available ex-HEL, too

Ah, but we all know the reason why there seldom is offers ex-HEL (sadly, but fact of travel industry)

OTH, AY is having a competitive pricing ex LHR right now. LHR-HEL-SYD/MEL in J, routable via HKG/SIN/BKK I think, with free unlimited stop overs. 2500Ł
As many of HEL based FT'ers are considering going to LHR anyway for BA flights, I assume this can be interesting? Open all year, but only certain days of the week (tue-thu or something like that)
Old Jul 3, 2012, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I have had worse layovers in less exciting cities.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
This flight is apparently ridiculously delayed for a departure that was supposed to be on the 6th of July but is delayed by at least 6 hours -- nearly the duration of the flight time -- all without EU flight delay regulatory provisions being fully in play -- due to some mechanical issue with the water system and it needing "cleaning".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.