Problems with crediting AY flights to AAdvantage

Subscribe
As we have a thread here for discussing the crediting of AY (and BE) flights to BAEC, I thought it might be a good idea to open a similar thread about AA, one of the two programmes where many AY+-members seem to migrate in search of better yields.

And to begin with, I'd like to announce not a problem but an improvement. In the past, when I have upgraded AY-flights with AY points, but then credited the flight itself to AA, I have always had to do this manually because even if the AA number is in the reservation and on the BP, the AA system probably only sees the new booking code, which is not miles-eligible. The flight used to show up in the AA statement as 0 miles and a retroclaim required first sending the electronic form, which came back rejected, and a call after that.

This has changed for the better. I flew AY on 1st May, upgraded with AY points, and 7th May the miles were credited to my AA account according to the original booking class in Y.

Also the BE-operated, AY3000-series flights credit normally to AAdvantage (as AY-flights). They have even changed the sidenote to "Note: Flights marketed by Finnair and operated by FlyBe Nordic are eligible for mileage accrual."

What is the situation with BE-operated flights with AY8000-series flight numbers? According to AA.com, they should also be eligible for miles. Is this really the case?
I have only once tried to credit AA from AY flight, and it took few months and several emails to AA cust service before it was done!
I was wondering if they do have a direct connection from AY to AA when using other OW carriers FF card. Or do you always have to claim your miles afterwards.
I claim the miles from the website and they requested to have copy of the BP (showing AA number on it) and tikcet and receipt and everything. I had to email those documents to AA before it got the miles.
Just had two AY flights and they were credited automatically to my AAdvantage account in about a week. It happened even though the booking and one of the segments had my AY+ number. Originally I put my AA # in, then my defunct MA # to get seat selection and changed to a AA for the first segment and AY for the second segment at OLCI. BPs printed at OLCI and at the airport showed what I intended to do, but after all both segments posted to AA.
I'm actually happy with it, since my primary FFP is AA now and only wanted a single AY segment on my AY+ account for the status match. The match itself, however, went through quite smoothly, most probably since the boarding pass that I sent them had an AY+ # on it.
During last 10 month I have credited AY 95 segments to AA. This includes flybe-operated 3XXX segments with AY, AY segments in deep discount etc.

Everything credits (automatically) as Y, usually at least 1 week after the flight on monday. NO hassle at all. I do the online checking to make sure that correct FF number is on the boarding pass. Claiming also works without any problems with AA.

Only problem I had was in last year when ZRH clerk was able to input my AA FF number with AY prefix. This ended into infite loop between AY and AA both claiming that I got the miles thru other program, and I never got the miles. I eventually did MR to recover the missing 950 miles to get the AA plat.

I have yet to take any 8XXX flights, but since I have had no consistent problems with any AY ticketed flights being credited to AA, I presume they will work the same way as flybe operated AY 3XXX flights.
Quote: I have yet to take any 8XXX flights, but since I have had no consistent problems with any AY ticketed flights being credited to AA, I presume they will work the same way as flybe operated AY 3XXX flights.
If you (or anyone) has hands on experience on this, I would really like to hear about it. In my old MA programme the two categories (at that time with Fincomm) were clearly separated, but AA.com only says that "Flights marketed by Finnair and operated by FlyBe Nordic are eligible for mileage accrual".
My points from an AY ticket often take 3 or 4 weeks to credit to QF.
Credited another 12 AY segments to AA, however there was a problem with 2 segments.

Apparently webcheckin works better with AY -> AA crediting, since in these 2 problematic segments the FF number was manually put to BP at checkin.

Allways when you say that something is working fine, it then isnt.
Found this older thread, howerever now seems to be relevant again.. Anyone else had problems lately crediting AY flights to AA?
Until mid-April everything has worked fine for me ie. About once a week miles posted to account. After that complete silence, missing around 10 flights.. Had a couple of flights with AB, no problem with those posting almost immediately.
No issues for me, crediting ok for BA/AA/AY in April/May.
Has anyone had experience about the following:

I made an award booking using AA miles. The flight was on AY. AY cancelled the flight at last minute and AY rerouted me on AY+AA metal, with AY+AY flight numbers. AY wrote a new ticket with a 105-ticket number (AY) but the original booking reference. The new ticket shows booking classes D and I, both miles eligible, and the ticket also shows my AAdvantage number.

Any good guesses? Will I get miles for these flights? If not automatically, would it pay off to try to retroclaim them?
Quote: Has anyone had experience about the following:

I made an award booking using AA miles. The flight was on AY. AY cancelled the flight at last minute and AY rerouted me on AY+AA metal, with AY+AY flight numbers. AY wrote a new ticket with a 105-ticket number (AY) but the original booking reference. The new ticket shows booking classes D and I, both miles eligible, and the ticket also shows my AAdvantage number.

Any good guesses? Will I get miles for these flights? If not automatically, would it pay off to try to retroclaim them?
It is possible but a retro claim sounds a bit too arrogant to me, if the points come, take 'em but don't get too greedy..
Quote: Found this older thread, howerever now seems to be relevant again.. Anyone else had problems lately crediting AY flights to AA?
Until mid-April everything has worked fine for me ie. About once a week miles posted to account. After that complete silence, missing around 10 flights.. Had a couple of flights with AB, no problem with those posting almost immediately.
Nothing but problems with crediting AY flight to AA for my part lately. Have not received my AA miles from a single AY flight this year without a hassle and still waiting e.g. My miles to post from a February flight HEL - JFK - HEL (was now requested to send copies of my tickets and receipt) and no sign of my May flights on my AA account either.

It also seems that it takes ages for AA/AY to process the retroclaims so I have started seriously thinking about switching from AA to BA and AY. Just not worth the hassle and waste of time to have the miles credited.

Finally, my also my AB and other flights have been credited properly to AA without any problems so this appears to relate to AY flights only.
Quote: Found this older thread, howerever now seems to be relevant again.. Anyone else had problems lately crediting AY flights to AA?
Flow r/t flight on Finnair early May, no points on either segments. Made retroclaim last week, let's see when they will credit. Before it has been about one week to post as you said.
Yep, there seems to be some issues; I flew LHR-HEL on AY almost two weeks ago, no miles yet. Usually they have posted in 5-7 days to AA account.
Same issues here, flights to BCN on May 17-18 and no miles yet. Flew to LAS last thursday, the BA segment LHR-LAS posted in two days, AY segment HEL-LHR hasn't posted yet.

The BCN flights should have fulfilled my personal EQP goal in AA passport challenge, but I wonder if the challenge has been rejected because these do not post in time. These flights should also give me enough miles to get AA Gold during my next LAX-LHR flight, but if they will not post before that I will maybe miss the 25% Gold bonus for that flight.