Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Thread for benchmarking response time of AY+ service centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:04 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black

I thought it could be interesting to know about response times of AY+ service centre. (yes, I am fond of collecting datapoints and doing analysis

As there are many contact channels to the service centre (calling Finland or local centre, requesting finnish-, swedish- or english-speaking operator, using normal, gold or platinum line) and many different factors on how busy they are, it will never be a complete list / true benchmark. I just think it can be interesting to find out if there are any difference et.c.

So my report of today:
I called HEL, platinum line, swedish speaking and waited 14 minutes.
Old May 1, 2012, 7:47 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Report from 26th April:
Sent upgrade request (with points) using the form on the web page, 20 minutes later I got a reply and the updated ticket by email. Very fast service!
Old May 1, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
Report from 26th April:
Sent upgrade request (with points) using the form on the web page, 20 minutes later I got a reply and the updated ticket by email. Very fast service!
I haven't experienced that fast service but generally upgrades have been cleared within a 24 hours. I am very satisfied with this service. Requesting a special meal via email, answering to the upgrade email, have been answered in two hours usually. ^
Old May 1, 2012, 4:15 pm

Upgrades using miles and the on-line form have always been answered in a couple of hours, day or night. And I've never been declined a request.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:41 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Just (i.e. Saturday 11.35) called AY+, got a person on the phone immediately. Too bad my upgrade for tomorrow's flight has still not cleared, but I am fairly optimistic.

Last week I sent an upgrade request (another flight) by web page form, got a reply in two hours. Sent a further query by answering that email, got an answer within minutes.
Old May 12, 2012, 2:49 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
During my many years as Plat I always got replies within 1-2hrs via email..sometimes in minutes...also extremely good and proactive service with some very complicated OW award routings etc.

Now as a lowly Gold it can take up to 2-3 days before they reply to my emails...clearly they classify the emails somehow. Or maybe they put a flag on my account as I have made it really clear to them how I feel about AY and AY Plus and reasons behind my switch to BA.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: AY Emerald
Called to Finnair CS asking for free seats on certain ticket class and what bird is on that flight. Latter was not known, the lady called back in 2 min and informed about that bird register number (me avoiding to get LQF or LQA) on SIN-HEL route.

Great service attitude and response time.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Yesterday at 13:59 I sent a voucher upgrade request (AY874 CDG-HEL in July) through AY web page. I received a confirmation this morning 7:30.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:51 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Called swedish call center today at 15:30 and waited 6 minutes before getting through. My request was then very quickly processed.

(There is no platinum line for the local swedish number, but in my limited experience they answer more quickly here than at the +358 number. Interesting to know if one likes a swedish speaking operator)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:46 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Called swedish call centre today friday 13:35. Zero seconds wait! I don't even think the first ringtone ended before answering.

(Processed an upgrade request 9 months out, was told I got last seat?!)
Old Jul 27, 2012, 5:58 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition

(Processed an upgrade request 9 months out, was told I got last seat?!)
Out of curiousity...which route was this?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 6:08 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Out of curiousity...which route was this?
NRT-HEL, AY74, late march.

The AY71/72 have disappeared from the schedule. If that is intentional then I can understand if there is a lack of seats on the route.

I am pretty sure I saw "F:2" the other day on flightstats, but now I cannot se F availability at all.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 3:09 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Sweden call center, 7 minutes wait

Called swedish centre this morning (friday at 8:10) 7 minutes wait.

(Call took another 7 minutes, operator couldn't access all systems and was unable to 100% confirm an upgrade. Promised a mail-reply, which arrived less than an hour later ^ )
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:01 am

Called today. Waited for some 30 seconds. Made a booking (HEL-PEK-HEL), changed two previous reservations and emptied the kids' AY+ accounts. I didn't have their account numbers at hand, so searching for them took some time. The call took 12 minutes, very efficient I'd say.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:25 am

Called again today. Wait time less than 30 seconds.

Did some further rearranging of reservations plus some seatings. Four minutes, no fuss, no muss. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.