Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Thread for benchmarking response time of AY+ service centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for benchmarking response time of AY+ service centre

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:29 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
And I call 95% of the times, because I really want to know it cleared.
Just out of curiousity, how many times have you been denied an upgrade with AY?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:08 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Just once, and that was for a travel companion on a flight where I was already upgraded. The issue is not the risk of upgrade getting denied, it is that I'd like early warning if it happens.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:59 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Web request on a saturday - 10 minutes

Posted an upgrade request via the web page saturday morning. Got reply 10 minutes later.
Always thought they were not manned on weekends?! Anyway, nice surprise they were (not so nice surprise rev management moved the curtain forward 3 weeks before takeoff at the expense of F class).
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:38 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Posted an upgrade request via the web page saturday morning. Got reply 10 minutes later.
Always thought they were not manned on weekends?! Anyway, nice surprise they were (not so nice surprise rev management moved the curtain forward 3 weeks before takeoff at the expense of F class).
BTW monday morning come and now I am in F, so apparently it cleared during the weekend. No email response though, found it logging in.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 6:38 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Easter Sunday, upgrade request around 1PM for Easter Monday´s late evening flight HEL-LHR. 10 minutes later it was sorted out ^.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 9:48 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Called the swedish line during day time last week. Respones was within seconds and it sounded like the person was working from home.

Called the swedish line today evening time, half an hour before closing. 4 minute wait, but the operator said "you are calling the ordinary swedish number but you have the right to call platinum line", indicating that when calling local number they do see AY+ status and detect status immediately but the phone system itself does not do the priority queuing. For that to happen one must call the dedicated plat number with Finnish prefix.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:09 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
when calling local number they do see AY+ status and detect status immediately but the phone system itself does not do the priority queuing.
The system is smart enough for that assuming (1) you are calling from the number saved on your profile; and (2) the number is visible. On my last call Janica asked me to recite my AY+ membership number as she said she couldn't automatically see it because I was calling from a hidden number.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 8:03 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zxcv1
... and (2) the number is visible.
Well, it would be really high-tech if they can pull your profile without having caller-id... Maybe a voice-print of your sighing over the endless loop of King of the road...

The thing was that this is the first time I've heard the caller-id integration to CS-system working for a call to a number outside of Finland. Finnish based phones calling local Finnish number has been working for a long time. As for foreign phones either calling Finnish number or calling the local number my feeling it that it has not worked.
zxcv1 likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Well, it would be really high-tech if they can pull your profile without having caller-id... Maybe a voice-print of your sighing over the endless loop of King of the road...

great idea. I’ll train a neural network to do exactly this in exchange for the right to sit at the Lumo table as a pleb plat. Perhaps next time when ay is hiring again.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 8:33 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Finnair in WhatsApp... have You tried yet? A test period started yesterday. Service in Finnish 07 to 22 and weekends 09 to 22.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:29 am

Programs: AY Platinum/OWE
Originally Posted by TTL
Finnair in WhatsApp... have You tried yet? A test period started yesterday. Service in Finnish 07 to 22 and weekends 09 to 22.
No opportunity to test yet, but I like this idea. Also plat-only, so would be a little revaluation of the tier also.
Old Nov 5, 2020, 10:38 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'll probably try WhatsApp in a few days.

My HEL-PRG points posted very quickly. Then it took a while before my PRG-HEL points posted. And now the HEL-PRG points have been removed. Strange!
Old Nov 6, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by ffay005
I'll probably try WhatsApp in a few days.

My HEL-PRG points posted very quickly. Then it took a while before my PRG-HEL points posted. And now the HEL-PRG points have been removed. Strange!
I remembered this today while waiting for my food at dinner. Very convenient. Immediate reply and matter settled within minutes, before my food arrived. I'm a fan!
Old Nov 6, 2020, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Any Lumos with the WhatsApp access? It seems it's just Platinum service.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Originally Posted by on22cz
Any Lumos with the WhatsApp access? It seems it's just Platinum service.
Lumos included.

Finnair WhatsApp profile description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.