Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Thread for benchmarking response time of AY+ service centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thread for benchmarking response time of AY+ service centre

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2012, 9:27 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Called twice today. First time phone was picked up immediately, but the CSR was not immediately aware of the 50,000 point family upgrade policy for plats. This little misunderstanding was cleared up very fast. Two upgrades cleared immediately for HEL-NRT in December, two upgrades were put on the waiting list for NRT-HEL in January.

Called just now again, waited for 30 seconds, very efficient and friendly CSR processed some further family upgrades (well, only one RT), both legs were put on the waiting list, but she said that they might release one more award seat by the beginning of next week, especially since "you already have paid business ticket". Let's see.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 3:24 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Swedish callcenter, 1 minute wait

Called swedish number tuesday at 11:00. 1 minute wait. Question swiftly answered.

(Asked about future bookings that now have turned flybe. Was informed that the Manchester ("deli") concept is not supposed to happen on these routes (HEL-sweden). Now I don't consider this to be the authoritative answer, but the info they had was that the deli concept try-out soon will end and that there was no immediate plan to implement the concept on the new flybe routes. I felt relief. Then again, Call centers may be the last to know)
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:01 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I made two upgrade requests online at 7.30 pm today (Friday), both came back approved and with my choice of seat allocated within 25 minutes.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:05 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Finland call center, swedish speaking line - 2 minutes wait

Called platinum line today wednesday 08.30, waited less than 2 minutes.

(asked about how may points a flight booked before 28 nov but flown after 28 will earn. They could not answer but promised a email reply, which arrived 5 hours later)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 6:13 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by intuition
Called platinum line today wednesday 08.30, waited less than 2 minutes.

(asked about how may points a flight booked before 28 nov but flown after 28 will earn. They could not answer but promised a email reply, which arrived 5 hours later)
And the answer is...?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:41 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SPBanker
And the answer is...?
It will earn according to the new table. They keep a separate table for fare classes or as they call them tickets without ticket type.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:08 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Swedish speaking (non-platinum line) 1,5 minutes wait

thursday morning 1,5 minutes wait
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Not really related to AY+-response time but I did send a hate mail via the feedback system last night around 8pm and got a reply right about now.

Hence pretty fast response time from AY's part to me.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:29 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Swedish speaking (non-platinum line) 4 minutes wait

Thursday morning 9:15, 4 minutes wait

Case of missing points due to flybe-flight, took 3 minutes to find the data. It seemed the system was very slow, the operator had to wait a long while before being able to see my account.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 3:10 am

Called the centre earlier this morning, was answered immediately, the requested upgrades were done immediately. ^
Old Apr 19, 2013, 1:45 am

Called the AY+ Gold line just now, was answered immediately and was upgraded HEL-PEK immediately (with a voucher). Was also reminded that calling the Platinum line allows me to jump the queue if there are people waiting. (I just clicked on the number that came up first on my mobile, which was the Gold line.) Nice to know this actually happens. (I don't know what happens if non-Plats call the Plat line )
Old May 30, 2013, 4:48 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Swedish speaking platinum line less than 2 minutes wait

Thursday morning 9:20
3 upgrades for points processed quickly, all cleared in 4 minutes.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 3:35 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Swedish speaking platinum line, 15 minutes wait

Called tuesday afternoon and had to wait 15 minutes. Never had such a wait before, something must have happened. While I waited I was thinking; maybe I dialled the wrong number, but the operator answered "Finnair, platinum line" (which I never heard they do before).

I didn't make any comments about the wait (since I know everyone does just that, which only makes the cue even longer) but operator actually said sorry you had to wait such a long time.

He also made some comments about my account that make me think they either upgraded the customer system so they more easily see important things or they just make a bigger effort to be personal. Anyway, a good call despite the wait.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 9:31 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
I do know why so many of you want to call AY that much, maybe you have some complex things (I usually call only when booking complex OW/RTW awards or the like)

Upgrades are processed very quickly via email, just upgraded family to Asia and response in 10mins after sending the email, I do not need faster service than that!

Seat selection is still not working online many times so that could be another reason to call but for upgrades, why bother?
Old Jun 27, 2013, 10:42 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Don't we all have a bit of a complex? Otherwise we wouldn't collect status points or hang on FT..
I only call about upgrades (except this last time, which was about my renewal short of points). And I call 95% of the times, because I really want to know it cleared.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.