AY+ upgrade certificates

Subscribe
Hi,

So are there upgrade certificates paper ones or electronic ones? nothing came in my welcome packet...

also are they personal or can I use them for someone else?

Thanks for any insight
Quote: Hi,

So are there upgrade certificates paper ones or electronic ones? nothing came in my welcome packet...

also are they personal or can I use them for someone else?

Thanks for any insight
They are electronic. Somewhere in the Finnair Plus web site they still mention paper vouchers. This is wrong.

You can see your vouchers on your points page, it is the fourth tab after points, points to expire and expired points. You can use them to upgrade other people. Which is nice.
Quote: They are electronic. Somewhere in the Finnair Plus web site they still mention paper vouchers. This is wrong.

You can see your vouchers on your points page, it is the fourth tab after points, points to expire and expired points. You can use them to upgrade other people. Which is nice.
thanks for the info, will make sure I use them, I assume they are one way upgrades
Quote: thanks for the info, will make sure I use them, I assume they are one way upgrades
Yes, they are one-way, and they are one-leg. (a longhaul flight with connection in HEL requires 2 europe-vouchers and 2 longhaul-vouchers to be upgraded on all 4 legs)
I was wondering since the certificates can be used for a 2/1 classic award ticket is the gold certs limited to europe 2/1 or vsn it ne used for any destination? Any knowledge?
Quote: I was wondering since the certificates can be used for a 2/1 classic award ticket is the gold certs limited to europe 2/1 or vsn it ne used for any destination? Any knowledge?
I don't have the personal knowledge of this, but my understanding of the rule is that the "4 vouchers converted to a 2for1" is not limited to Europe. It is limited by availability though (as the first ticket must be redeemed for points only)
Can the 2 for 1 award be business class or only economy?
Quote: Can the 2 for 1 award be business class or only economy?
It's for coach only which makes it really, really unattractive offer...very few people who need to fly a lot (to have FF status to begin with) want to fly in coach for leisure (at least I don't know anyone personally who would..)...but hey, that's why it's called Finnair Minus to many!

Also, coach tickets are so cheap anyway (especially on most, if not all, flights where you would find award availability in the first place) so even 241 deal with taxes isn't really good use of points (IMHO).
Quote: It's for coach only which makes it really, really unattractive offer...
Ouch, I didn't know this and their site doesn't even mention this limitation. From reading the tier benefits, it clearly looks like any "classic" bonus-ticket can be turned into a 2for1.

So this is a limitation on top of the fact that the redeemable seats are only available in a very limited amount and there will be added YQ et.al....

Really, really, really , really , really , really unattractive
Quote: Ouch, I didn't know this and their site doesn't even mention this limitation. From reading the tier benefits, it clearly looks like any "classic" bonus-ticket can be turned into a 2for1.

So this is a limitation on top of the fact that the redeemable seats are only available in a very limited amount and there will be added YQ et.al....

Really, really, really , really , really , really unattractive
Finnair.com says so in finnish...that's where picked this from.."Gold tier benefits" -section.
Quote: Finnair.com says so in finnish...that's where picked this from.."Gold tier benefits" -section.
Also missed the mention of coach...

Looks like ill just give the upgrades to my mom and fly SK instead
Quote: Finnair.com says so in finnish...that's where picked this from.."Gold tier benefits" -section.
Well, it doesn't state that in swedish or in english, not even on finnair.fi
As Swedish still is official language in Finland, one could claim that the text stated in swedish still is "legally binding" or whatever, probably without any luck. Not fun to be a part of the finish minority population these days, I guess.

Quote:
The option to exchange your four European travel class upgrades for a one-way long-haul upgrade or a two-for-the-price-of-one Classic award flight.*

*=With a two-for-one Classic award, you can purchase award flights for two people but pay the point cost of an award flight for one person. Two-for-one Classic awards are only available for scheduled one-way and return flights operated by Finnair and must be purchased using points only. Finnair Plus Junior flight awards cannot be purchased as two-for-one Classic awards.
No mention of limitation of class of service.
"Classic" award..what is that?
Quote: "Classic" award..what is that?
Classic awardis 100% points as far as I understand.
In defence of AY (who would have thought I'd write this sentence ) the calculation probably goes like this

4 s/h upg is 40k points

1 classic s/h award is also 40k points

So the value of an upg voucher is 10k points, which you can use as the above options.

Clearly stating things is not a forte of AY+, we all know that