HEL-BKK

Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
HEL-BKK

Thinking of booking a last minute business class ticket on this route, but was wondering whether this route has the old or new business class seat?

Alternate for same price is Swiss from ZRH, which has lovely seats, but would rather do Finnair for the BA tier points...
Old Apr 25, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by mfgr
Thinking of booking a last minute business class ticket on this route, but was wondering whether this route has the old or new business class seat?

Alternate for same price is Swiss from ZRH, which has lovely seats, but would rather do Finnair for the BA tier points...
In the summer timetable AY089/090 should always be an A330 in the new configuration, next winter AY089/090 is A340 and AY095/096 is new config A330*.

If I recall correctly, if you see the aircraft on the Finnair site as A330, then it is the new config. If you see A330-300 or A340, then it is the old config. Equipment swaps can occur at any time, however, so nothing is sure until you actually depart.

*Not a single exception in the previous three months when I checked the statistics a couple of weeks ago.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
Originally Posted by JnsV
In the summer timetable AY089/090 should always be an A330 in the new configuration, next winter AY089/090 is A340 and AY095/096 is new config A330*.

If I recall correctly, if you see the aircraft on the Finnair site as A330, then it is the new config. If you see A330-300 or A340, then it is the old config. Equipment swaps can occur at any time, however, so nothing is sure until you actually depart.

*Not a single exception in the previous three months when I checked the statistics a couple of weeks ago.

thanks very much ^
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:07 pm

Programs: AY Gold
When you make the booking, click the flight number symbol: I've understood "330" means the new configuration and "333" stands for the old. Did random checks and seems to be all new config this time of the year.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:43 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
But I remind you, that next winter BKK is served by mix of 330 and 340.
You will see less and less of flat beds on scheduled flights as they will be using the 32 C-seat versions (with flats) more and more on leisure/charter flights.

I think chances for a flat bed next winter is very slim, on any route.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sakari1707
But I remind you, that next winter BKK is served by mix of 330 and 340.
Just like winter 2011/2012:
http://ftdashboard.net/ay/dest/bkk.htm

The later flight pair was always a new config A330-300.

Originally Posted by sakari1707
You will see less and less of flat beds on scheduled flights as they will be using the 32 C-seat versions (with flats) more and more on leisure/charter flights.

I think chances for a flat bed next winter is very slim, on any route.
I do not have any contradicting evidence, but the AY095/096 pair is scheduled for the 32 C-seat version throughout the upcoming winter while other A330 routes (like JFK) have the old config planes scheduled. BKK is also mainly a leisure destination, so the reason while one of the flights is always on a new config A330 might not be the better J product, but the higher number of Y seats. So I think (and actually hope, since I am to fly that route and would like to upgrade to C ) that if you take the second BKK pair then you will have a good chance of getting a flat bed.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by JnsV
Just like winter 2011/2012:
http://ftdashboard.net/ay/dest/bkk.htm

The later flight pair was always a new config A330-300.

I do not have any contradicting evidence, but the AY095/096 pair is scheduled for the 32 C-seat version throughout the upcoming winter while other A330 routes (like JFK) have the old config planes scheduled. BKK is also mainly a leisure destination, so the reason while one of the flights is always on a new config A330 might not be the better J product, but the higher number of Y seats. So I think (and actually hope, since I am to fly that route and would like to upgrade to C ) that if you take the second BKK pair then you will have a good chance of getting a flat bed.
You're probably correct, the A330 on BKK route is the one with most Y-seats, so if you choose A330 on BKK, you have good chances on flat beds, meaning also probably that on all other routes it's more seldom. Having randomly checked some destination other than BKK, I only see A330-300 and A340.

Are the 32 flat J-seat A330's (AY has 3 of them) always A330, what about the one with 42 flat J-seat A330's, is that A330-300 or A330?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.