Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 23, 12, 12:28 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 2,013
Chongqing for 5000 points + 199 EUR from most European destinations

Check your country website for details, here is from Germany. Similar offers from most countries, not Finland.



Chongqing
5000 points + 199 EUR
Book now Offer details Please wait...
Terms and conditions

Sales period: until 2 May 2012.

Travel period: 9 May–28 December 2012, return by 30 December 2012.

Minimum stay: 1 night. Maximum stay: within the stated travel period.

Seats are in Economy Class and limited seat availability applies.

Child discount: only taxes and passenger fees are charged for children under 2 years.
Stopovers are not permitted.

Changes: changes are permitted before departure for an extra charge of €50; for Finnair Plus Platinum and Gold members changes are permitted free of charge. After departure, changes are not permitted.

Cancellations: up to 24 hours before departure, only points will be refunded; after departure, no refund.

Travel class upgrades using Finnair Plus points are not available for this offer.

Special offers apply to new bookings only.

All fares are for return flights.

Availability is limited.

You can also book your flights by calling the Finnair Plus Service Center, tel. +358 9 818 888 (open Mon–Fri 8 a.m.–7 p.m. and Sat 9 a.m.–4 p.m.). Please note that 2,000 extra points will be collected when you book by telephone.
Helsinki Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 12:49 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: HEL
Programs: AA PLT, AY, BA, SK, DL + hotels
Posts: 456
Looks like they have difficulties in attracting passengers to CKG. Not a week goes by without an offer to CKG.

The Crazy Days campaign offer of 419 € HEL-CKG (actually the ticket cost me only 416 €, perhaps due to currency fluctuations) was IMO better than this. Earns full AA mileage and is upgradeable.

Soon they will pay people to fly to CKG, at least in Y. I wonder if the J sales are better.
ffay005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 12:56 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: HEL
Programs: AA PLT, AY, BA, SK, DL + hotels
Posts: 456
A paid HEL-CKG-HEL Y ticket includes €273,89 "taxes". From Europe, eg. CDG-HEL-CKG-HEL-CDG, the "taxes" are €367,10. So in that respect this offer is actually excellent.

Consider it not an offer of points+money but a tremendous point bargain: instead of forking out 124 000 points + €367 for a redemption ticket, AY offers you the very same ticket for 5000 points + €199. Crazier than Crazy Days...
ffay005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 3:56 pm   #4
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: HEL
Programs: BA Gold, AY Silver, TK Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 2,377
Just stupid they don't allow upgrades...I could have easily thought to go for a quick weekend break with the "family boss" just for the heck of it but in AY whY?...I rather stay at home...
NoWindowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 11:01 pm   #5
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat Amb, FB Silver
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat View Post
Just stupid they don't allow upgrades...I could have easily thought to go for a quick weekend break with the "family boss" just for the heck of it but in AY whY?...I rather stay at home...
Hmm, the offer says no upgrades with points. How about them vouchers?!? Well, probably not.

It will be interesting to see how this destination takes off. A year ago Chongqing was the hot place in China, Bo Xilai was the new star in the Chinese politics etc. Well, sic transit gloria mundi, and all that. Still, it is an awfully big city, and this is the first non-stop flight to Europe.
SPBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 11:10 pm   #6
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth
Programs: TK Elite, SAS Silver, UA1K, AA Platinum, A3 Gold, KLM Gold, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 673
Are any points awarded for tickets bought with points and cash?
kauppias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 12, 11:20 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: HEL
Programs: AY Platinum, AF/KL Gold, SA Gold
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
Hmm, the offer says no upgrades with points. How about them vouchers?!? Well, probably not.
Hello all, I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and decided finally to register and join the conversation.

At the beginning of this year I was able to use an upgrade voucher flying HEL-PEK when the ticket was bought for 449EUR + 1000 points. So while the upgrade with points is not possible, it should work with vouchers.

No points were awarded for those flights.
haapalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 12:28 am   #8
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat Amb, FB Silver
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by haapalainen View Post
Hello all, I have been reading this forum for a couple of years and decided finally to register and join the conversation.

At the beginning of this year I was able to use an upgrade voucher flying HEL-PEK when the ticket was bought for 449EUR + 1000 points. So while the upgrade with points is not possible, it should work with vouchers.

No points were awarded for those flights.
Welcome to the FT, haapalainen! And thanks for the information regarding upgrade with vouchers.

I am seeing this offer for Germany and Denmark, not Estonia, for example. Which makes it a bit more difficult for someone based in HEL to use.
SPBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 12:41 am   #9
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Helsinki-Vantaa APT, Finland
Programs: AY Platinum, ROP
Posts: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauppias View Post
Are any points awarded for tickets bought with points and cash?
Booking class X, that means no points.
OH-LGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 1:04 am   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Asia/Europe
Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Posts: 5,763
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
It will be interesting to see how this destination takes off. A year ago Chongqing was the hot place in China, Bo Xilai was the new star in the Chinese politics etc. Well, sic transit gloria mundi, and all that. Still, it is an awfully big city, and this is the first non-stop flight to Europe.
The designated Chinese president, Mr.Xi Jiping, among others has indicated massive investment programs for this region. It's just that in Chinese society everyone is waiting for the transition period from "old guard" to the new to be over before taking economic action.

There is also a highspeed rail link now between the major cities of Chongqing and Chengdu, the latter being the pre-eminent tourist destination in Western China.

I think this will be a booming destination but Finnair has to be able to sell their J seats to wealthy Chinese this time. Far less CEO-level expats than in Beijing or Shanghai.
mosburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 1:22 am   #11
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: HEL
Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat Amb, FB Silver
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
Welcome to the FT, haapalainen! And thanks for the information regarding upgrade with vouchers.

I am seeing this offer for Germany and Denmark, not Estonia, for example. Which makes it a bit more difficult for someone based in HEL to use.
Also Belgium, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary and the Czech Republic. Seems to be a Central European thing.
SPBanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 1:47 am   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPBanker View Post
I am seeing this offer for Germany and Denmark, not Estonia, for example. Which makes it a bit more difficult for someone based in HEL to use.
it´s available from AMS, BRU, BUD, all German and Swedish airports, CPH, PRG, LON, WAW, VNO, ZRH, OSL at least. Not HEL.
Helsinki Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 3:28 am   #13
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: HEL
Programs: BA Gold, AY Silver, TK Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Posts: 2,377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer View Post
it´s available from AMS, BRU, BUD, all German and Swedish airports, CPH, PRG, LON, WAW, VNO, ZRH, OSL at least. Not HEL.
Thanks again for AY treating Finnish/HEL based customers worse than the rest..
NoWindowSeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 8:51 am   #14
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: TK Elite, BA Gold
Posts: 800
Quite a tempting deal, but have to pay for visa and all. Would have preferred if they would offer something like this for HKG or TYO.
sleeplessinNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 12, 7:16 pm   #15
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, TK Gold
Posts: 653
ex-LHR/MAN is 5000 points + 285GBP.
dera is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:40 pm.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.