Wiki Posts
Search

upgrading with Avios at check inn

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
upgrading with Avios at check inn

I have an award ticket in economy from bkk to helsinki. If there are free seats is it possible to get an upgrade to business class with Avios?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
No, it might work with AY+ points, but not with BA Avios.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Not even AY+ points. Award tickets can't be upgraded. Also points + money offers (like the current New York, 559€ + 1000 points) are non-upgradeable.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 6:52 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by temppa
Not even AY+ points. Award tickets can't be upgraded. Also points + money offers (like the current New York, 559€ + 1000 points) are non-upgradeable.
Has this changed recently? I have definitely upgraded an award ticket for 2 persons with plat vouchers in the past. Actually the only time I have ever used coach award when they had some selected routes with 241 offer in coach...maybe 4-5 years ago..
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:40 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Has this changed recently? I have definitely upgraded an award ticket for 2 persons with plat vouchers in the past. Actually the only time I have ever used coach award when they had some selected routes with 241 offer in coach...maybe 4-5 years ago..
My experience is from few years back. Tested both, money + points and full redemption upgrade was not possible with vouchers nor points. The excuse was underlying ticket, not availability.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by scubadave
I have an award ticket in economy from bkk to helsinki. If there are free seats is it possible to get an upgrade to business class with Avios?
If you used Avios miles to make the booking then you can call BA up to 24 hours before departure and get them to take more avios (from the same account) so that you book into J (provided J awards are available).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.