Wiki Posts
Search

HEL-MAN & BAEC points

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador
HEL-MAN & BAEC points

Quick question - now that HEL-MAN is operated by Flybe, does it mean that no BA executive club points and no more free average tasting sandwich on that 3 hour flight?
I was just about to book it, but now might consider opting for SAS.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by helahela
Quick question - now that HEL-MAN is operated by Flybe, does it mean that no BA executive club points and no more free average tasting sandwich on that 3 hour flight?
I was just about to book it, but now might consider opting for SAS.
It is? When are you flying? I am flying to MAN next month (on BA though connecting at LHR), but I noticed that the Finnair flights ba.com offers by then are still operated by AY.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I'm planning to fly next week and it says in finnair.com .. Operated by Flybe.
Which makes me sick about this is that since I'm going to fly to Isle of Man I will be doing 6 flights on the same airline (Flybe) TLL-HEL-MAN-IOM and I can't credit it in a reasonable manner, since FlybeNordic rewards4all and UK Flybe (where i have about 100 flights credited to) don't mix and match and TLL-MAN part can't even be bought on flybe website. For me it's just not right and i'm eventually better off jumping ship to SAS. Just need to make myself brave and give up on beloved oneworld and go to the darkside of *alliance.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:14 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
MAN being a AY3xxx destination you should be able to get Avios and TP, AY8xxx you don't:

Originally Posted by ba.com
British Airways Executive Club members cannot collect Avios or Tier Points on Finnair codeshare flights that are operated by Flybe Nordic (AY8100- AY8700).
People have also been able so successfully credit them in the end, but have had some problems with the automatic crediting. Whether or not they've fixed this I've no idea:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finna...a-miles-4.html

AY3xxx should be Finnair or service concept, so free softdrinks, coffee/tea and the small sandwich.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:39 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
That issue is still pending. Nicci from BAEC has contacted Finnair for this and claims that it is Finnairīs fault why the TPs and Avios will not post. In another week I will see, if they have managed to fix the problem (KUO-HEL-LHR-HEL-KUO, the Finnish domestic legs onboard FlyBe Nordic wet leased AY3XXX:s).

From the previous such flights not credited to BAEC account, I was retroactively credited to AY Plus account after contacting them and sending in the ticket numbers + BAEC account statement.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:00 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It's another really annoying thing with AY..it's been 6 months since I first raised this issue to both BA and AY and nothing is working..so much for Oneworld being seamless towards their FF..
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:36 am
Original Poster

Well HEL-TLL is 3xxx as well and I haven't had any luck crediting them. Also it's Flybe service and fees on HEL-TLL leg.. ie .. you can buy a can of Fizz cider for €3. Just confusing and I need to tell the corporate travel agent if i want to go SAS or Flymaybe. I wonder if the luggage connection now works between Flybe Nordic and Flybe UK in Manchester. Historically it hasn't worked.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 12:48 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by helahela
Well HEL-TLL is 3xxx as well and I haven't had any luck crediting them. .
Have you tried contacting Nicci of BAEC on here (handle "BA Executive Club"). She got the miles and TPs for me under the Flybe service. I was never successful in getting credits when the route was operated by Finncomm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.