Wiki Posts
Search

AY lounge at DUS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
AY lounge at DUS

The AY homepage refers to the BA Terraces as the lounge at DUS. But as UK is non-Schengen and the directions for the lounge are "Terminal B, departure level 2, to the right after passport control" I wonder how it can be accessed when flying to HEL (Term. A). Any experience would be appreciated.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:13 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I am not a oneWorld person, but this trick works in FRA: you just show your BP, passport (must be an EU passport) tell them that you just go to the lounge and they let you through... Works in gate area B, where there is no intra-Schengen lounge... Unfortunately on the way back you need to clear passport control and security again...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
The BA lounge is in the Schengen area, passport control is located closer to the non-Schengen gates. It will be closed, however, and replaced by the contract Hugo Junkers lounge so better keep an eye on that.
Old Apr 15, 2012, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks for your help. I visited the BA Terraces today. Turned out to be very easy: I went through B gates security and right after security, there were very clear signs to the lounge. This is not often the case. The lounge is indeed in the schengen area.

Quite a nice lounge with plenty of space, few passengers and good snacks.

The bad news is, BA were advertising "their" new lounge that is to open on 13th May – the revamped Hugo Junkers contract lounge. Sad that they'll close down their own lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.