Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY+ vs SK EB (comparison)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by miikkak
TK status is easier to get (status match) but harder to maintain.
Is the TK's status match still available? I have had a request in since September with no reply. Seems like the web based requests are just ignored.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:06 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
As SK now also offers a Diamond level, maybe a comparison Platinum - Diamond could be included as well? On the other hand, Platinum seems to offer much more than Diamond so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.

I am SK Gold with a flying pattern which is 95% intra Nordic. With schedule and price being the selection criteria, and me becoming ex-HEL again in a few weeks, AY is a very viable. As a mostly solo traveller, already AY Silver gives much the same as SK Gold, and I do fly annually enough segments to make Gold on AY. Platinum would be close as well, and then it would be a no-brainer. Sadly some of my trips take me to places where OW is not an option (e.g. Stavanger).
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by miikkak
SK announced the changes just after Aegean changed their program. Aegean is easy to maintain (HEL-SFO (or NRT) -HEL in SAS Go + A3 flights to Santorini via ATH is enough) but not as easy to get as it used to be.
I just looked up, they request 4 legs on Aegean metal for *G - not an option for me, as I never go to Greece (unfortunately, I might add) I'll look into TK more, as I could redirect any of my OW flights to the M-East and F-East via IST.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I just looked up, they request 4 legs on Aegean metal for *G - not an option for me, as I never go to Greece (unfortunately, I might add) I'll look into TK more, as I could redirect any of my OW flights to the M-East and F-East via IST.
We're steering heavily off-topic, but...

TK status is actually very easy to both attain and (especially) maintain as long as you fly longhaul J.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 12:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by niksal
As SK now also offers a Diamond level, maybe a comparison Platinum - Diamond could be included as well? On the other hand, Platinum seems to offer much more than Diamond so I'm not sure it's a fair comparison.

I thought about that, and came to the conclusion that the two Gold cards are the most compatible in perks and therefore best candidates for comparison. Diamond vs Platinum has some major differences, like "give away gold" vs "first class lounge access". But I'll see if I find time to do this comparison too. (I have built myself a tool for this comparison, but it isn't quite as flexible and reliable as I'd like just yet)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.