Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Online seat selection gone??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2012, 8:51 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Meaning that if I can not get good seats when making the reservation online, I can always give them a call and they assign the best possible seats... Not very handy but apparently quite effective.
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by TTL
Made reservations for coming trips to LHR and assigned seats while reserving. The best Y seats seemed blocked and I took what I got. Later I tried to change the seats and despite all efforts an error page popped up.

Called to internet help number and waiting time was less than 1 minute. The explanation was, that when I have assigned seats, the system can not change assignments later! But a call to internet help desk would solve the seating problem also in the future.

That is a strange arrangement. BA MMB lets change the seats whenever and as many time as the OW sapphire/emerald cardholder or a flexible ticket holder desires, and that is the way it should be also by AY.
Huh? I have changed my seats several times on upcoming flights, no problem with that. Or was it BA flight?
Old Jul 27, 2012, 11:15 pm
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Usually mixes: AY (domestics operated by FlyBe and some HEL-LHR or LHR-HEL operated by BA, most by AY) on AY tickets. First time experiencing this trouble last week. BA operated AY seats have been difficult/impossible to change always. And the FlyBe operated AY seats have (since the start of FlyBe Nordic) been possible to select only at the time of online check-in.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by TTL
And the FlyBe operated AY seats have (since the start of FlyBe Nordic) been possible to select only at the time of online check-in.
I've been able to select seats for several HEL-TLL-HEL flights op. FlyBe when making the reservation. At OLCI, more seats are usually available, though.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:53 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Looks like mtv3.fi has picked this up (in Finnish): http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.s...-maksulliseksi

Old news, but I thought it was funny how the reporter and Finnair's spokesperson have different interpretations of the word "enhancement"
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
As said before AY calls everything an enhancement, when they removed hot meals from economy, when they started to charge for wine, when free seating became for a fee, when on a 3 hours business class flight you get a small salad in plastic bowl (=MAN flights), when they removed sparkiling wine from economy and only more expensive champagne is available etc.....

And they are never straight forward (or honest) with their answers as you can see from the mtv3 news.....

PS. Still waiting for a reply to my feedback from 7 weeks ago made thru AY webpage.

Originally Posted by hrnt
Looks like mtv3.fi has picked this up (in Finnish): http://www.mtv3.fi/uutiset/kotimaa.s...-maksulliseksi

Old news, but I thought it was funny how the reporter and Finnair's spokesperson have different interpretations of the word "enhancement"
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:58 am
Ambassador: Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sakari1707

And they are never straight forward (or honest) with their answers as you can see from the mtv3 news.....
This is very good point...really summarizes well how AY is seen by many, many customers today...it's actually really sad but 100% true..
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:19 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Does anyone knows how I can change my seats online? I can see and change my seats for the first leg, but not for the longhaul leg.

Also it seems the "special meals" ex HEL are gone. Is this an enhancement or just IT crab?

Last edited by Ed Size; Aug 1, 2012 at 2:25 am
Old Aug 1, 2012, 2:31 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Does anyone knows how I can change my seats online? I can see and change my seats for the first leg, but not for the longhaul leg.

Also it seems the "special meals" ex HEL are gone. Is this an enhancement or just IT crab?
Sounds like IT-trouble to me, this should work online.

How far away is your trip?
The "designed for you"-meals should be choosable 14 days before takeoff (and until day before takeoff).
Old Aug 1, 2012, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by intuition
Sounds like IT-trouble to me, this should work online.
It's IT trouble indeed and in true AY style it seems to take months to be repaired..unbelievable, really..
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
when they started to charge for wine,.
This is my favourite example of corporate comms mumbojumbo.

They didn't stop serving free alcohol, they started selling alcohol.

Starting something is always an "improvement" where as stopping something would be reduction of the service.

I love Finnair with this, they seem to have infinite audacity to talk such rubbish.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 8:27 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Booked yesterday an BA Avios+cash reward ticket for a AY flight HELBKK in C for November and sure enough I was not given a chance to choose my seat, but instead was automatically allocated seat 3A on this A330 new version - meaning it is a seatpair instead of a solo seat.

Could not change it on AY MMB - gives that error message. Called AY reservations today (answered within seconds), the lady said she could NOT change the seat beacause of it being a BA tkt, she would need to contact another department and would change the seat or call me. Within 30 mins it was changed to my preferred seat 2L.

But very strange indeed all these seating problems! And frustrating.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Booked yesterday an BA Avios+cash reward ticket for a AY flight HELBKK in C for November and sure enough I was not given a chance to choose my seat, but instead was automatically allocated seat 3A on this A330 new version - meaning it is a seatpair instead of a solo seat.

Could not change it on AY MMB - gives that error message. Called AY reservations today (answered within seconds), the lady said she could NOT change the seat beacause of it being a BA tkt, she would need to contact another department and would change the seat or call me. Within 30 mins it was changed to my preferred seat 2L.

Oneworld - smooth travels.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 8:50 pm

I just booked AY for BA Avios reward (points only) in C for KIX-HEL-WAW (A340 + E190) in December and my seats were not allocated. Logged in with my PNR on Finnair's site and had no problems allocating my preferred seats for both sectors. Actually there were only 4 seats blocked on KIX-HEL and everything was open for HEL-WAW. Then again, it's another 4 months before my trip.
But to sum it up, had no problems with prearrangement and I am actually surprised you were allocated a seat when booking through BA. I could never do that when booking a reward for carriers other than BA on their site.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:18 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Finally I could change my seats and had the choice for the food options.

What me wonder again, is the fact that I could choose nearly ever seat (complete front row empty) and in total (incl. me and my wife) only 7 pre assigned seats.

And I bet the cabin will a 100% full on the day of departure (wich is only six days away).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.