AY Miles expiring question

Old Oct 23, 2011, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH,SK,KL,AF,BA,AB
AY Miles expiring question

Hello, due to new rules AY Miles expiring 3 years ( yeards for old miles) after they have been collected. My first miles will start expiring Feb 2013.

Now my question: does it mean I have to fly these miles before Feb 2013 or can I still use/book these miles say Dec 2012 for travelling September 2013.

Is there any internet page where I can check avaibility of Premium flights of all Oneworld Members? I have checked with BA but they do only themself and AY.

Martin
Old Oct 23, 2011, 3:04 am

It only matters that you make a booking before your miles expire. You can book any available flight some 12 months in advance. Changing or canceling your booking don't extend the validity of the miles.

Some availability for booking classes for OW airlines can be found with KVS tool (search Flyertalk) or expertflyer.com but I'm not sure to which extent.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 8:38 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by nordic
Some availability for booking classes for OW airlines can be found with KVS tool (search Flyertalk) or expertflyer.com but I'm not sure to which extent.
Out of the two, only the KVS Tool has 100% Award Availability coverage across the entire OneWorld Alliance: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:14 pm

AwardNexus also has "100% Award Availability coverage across the entire OneWorld Alliance", and it's free for FT members.

You can also get the data for free from the BA/QF/JL airline websites.

ExpertFlyer supports AY economy awards: http://www.expertflyer.com/sessionlessClassList.do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.