Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Bought a ticket for a family member using my CC - any problems at check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond

I bought a ticket online for my brother-in-law and although chances are I will join him on the same flight (I have to book separately as our return dates will vary), there is a possibility that I will have to fly separately. If that turns out to be the case, will I still need to go to the airport with him to show my CC, which was used online to purchase his ticket?
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
I have bought AY flights for my family members with my CC several times. They have never had any problems whatsoever.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 4:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I have never shown my CC, and I don't think AY even has the "show the physical card at check-in"-practice in the rules. (Some airlines, like CX, have the rule and enforces it, at least the first few times you fly with them.)

AY will debit your card (or make a legally binding reservation on the credit) at the same time as you buy the ticket. If there is any problem doing so, they will contact you with in 24 hours and ask you to correct the problem. If you can't they will void the ticket.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 4:32 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
I have bought tickets to my co-workers with my work CC, never any problems even if I am not around.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.