Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

How are bassinet seats assigned on Finnair long-haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond

If I make a booking with an infant, will those seats (if available) be:

a) assigned automatically
b) open for me to choose online during the seat-selection process
c) blocked and only given to those who call the reservations hotline
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Probably AY's website gives you the answers.
Travel info -> Special services -> Families with children:

http://www.finnair.fi/finnaircom/wps...n_FI#section04
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
In my experience they are not blocked, but open for anyone to reserve on a first come first serve basis.
I have never booked with an infant, so I am not sure, but I base my answer on the fact that I have never seen a seat blocked as "reserved for passenger travelling with infant" in the seat reservation system. I have seen this on other airlines, never on AY. I usually seat myself in row 1 and have successfully booked any of these seats at the time of ticket purchase.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
I have noticed that some airlines leave themselves the right you change your seat allocation should there be a need to accommodate an infant in a bassinet row, so maybe they allow you to reserve such seats straight away... but at the risk of losing them if a family requiring a bassinet purchases their tickets at a later date?
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:24 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by aster
I have noticed that some airlines leave themselves the right you change your seat allocation should there be a need to accommodate an infant in a bassinet row, so maybe they allow you to reserve such seats straight away... but at the risk of losing them if a family requiring a bassinet purchases their tickets at a later date?
Given the many, many instances I've seen families with babies travel in these seats also on AY, I'd say this is probably also Finnair's policy. They can't all be savvy FTers reserving their seats well in advance!
Old Sep 17, 2011, 1:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Yeah, that is what I am thinking too. It would be the smart thing to do, if one analyses the chance of that conflict to happen.

On TK, for instance, the bassinet seat was blocked in the seat system all the way until time of boarding. That means that most of the time no one at all will be sitting in 1F-1H

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.