Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

A few questions - 1st time on Finnair

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Hello all,

I will be traveling on Finnair business class for the first time from KIX-HEL-MAN. A few questions.

1) What airplane is used for the KIX-Helsinki segment?

2) It appears that all business class seats are lie flat (180 degrees) - correct?

3) Is 50 minutes enough time to connect from AY078 to AY937? The terminal is the same (2).

4) I am an AA Executive Platinum member. I am assuming there are no issues getting miles for this trip on my AA mileage account - correct?

Any other suggestions or recommendations considering that this is the first time I will be traveling on Finnair?

Thanks in advance.

Mangoes.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
2. The A340's have flat but circa 170 degrees seats.
3. Yes, transferring at HEL is quite easy. You will have to pass a security scan on your way into HEL from KIX, but this is usually very well manned and swift.
I guess KIX-HEL-MAN is denoted as a connection in their timetable, so AY will assume responsibility in case of delays.

And for recommendations, people new to AY usually like the food, so don't miss out on that.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: AY Gold
Hi,

1) HEL-KIX can have both A343 and A333, the timetable shows A333 for many days in July at least.

2. Their A343 and half of the A333's have angled lie flat seats in Business, the newest A333's have fully flat seats.

Panorama views to J cabins:

A343 (with new lighter colors nowadays):
http://www.finnair.fi//filecontent/c...siness_fin.htm

A333 Fully Flat:
http://media.finnair.com/finnair_a33...r_a330_day.htm

3. 50 min is fine.

4. Don't know AA rules but I can't see why not.

5. If you have time, check the AY's new non-Schengen lounge. Next to it there's an unique Spa.

Lounge and Spa:
http://media.finnair.com/spa/site/
Old Jun 20, 2011, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

Smile Thank you

Dear Andaman and Arahlen,

Thank you for the quick responses and suggestions! I am looking forward to this trip.

Best regards,

Mangoes.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
For the SIN route, when flying in J is it recommended to try and get a flight on one of the non-AF planes?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by aster
For the SIN route, when flying in J is it recommended to try and get a flight on one of the non-AF planes?
I'd certainly try avoiding them, They're quite awful
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
I'd certainly try avoiding them, They're quite awful
Thanks, so I take it I should look for a certain seat configuration on ExpertFlyer and avoid those dates?
Old Sep 4, 2011, 12:51 pm

Thanks, so I take it I should look for a certain seat configuration on ExpertFlyer and avoid those dates?
Pretty much!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:31 am

How can I recognise one of the former AF or Virgin planes? I've tried seatguru but they only show one configuration for the A340, and seatexpert doesn't show any Finnair seat maps at all....

I take it the "original" AY A340 is the best one, followed by the ex-Virgin one, followed by the ex-AF one?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 2:36 pm

How can I recognise one of the former AF or Virgin planes? I've tried seatguru but they only show one configuration for the A340, and seatexpert doesn't show any Finnair seat maps at all....

I take it the "original" AY A340 is the best one, followed by the ex-Virgin one, followed by the ex-AF one?
http://www.finnair.fi/finnaircom/wps/portal/a340/fi_FI

(OH-LQF, -LQG) are the old AF planes and you can recognize them from only having 4 rows of business in the forward cabin on the left-hand side. Also has 57 rows.

The (OH-LQA) is the old Virgin Plane. Recognizeable from having 57 rows as opposed to 56, that the AY planes have, If flying business, try making a dummy booking in economy and you'll see how many rows the plane has.

And (OH-LQB, -LQC, -LQD, -LQE) are the Finnair planes

So the easiest way to tell, if you will have an original AY plane or not, is looking at the amount of rows in the economy class cabin, at least according to the AY website seatmaps. 57 rows = old plane, 56 rows = new plane
Old Sep 11, 2011, 2:57 pm

Many thanks! :-: ^

When looking at travel in biz, I take it the ex-AF planes are the least favourable ones?

What about the Virgin one, is it better than the normal AY plane? Or should it be treated like the AF plane and steered clear of?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: AY Gold
I've understood the ex-AF 340 (OH-LQA) has had AY-style cabins for long time already.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Andaman
I've understood the ex-AF 340 (OH-LQA) has had AY-style cabins for long time already.
LQA is ex-VS.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:00 am

And how does that ex-VS one compare to the regular AY planes?

Also, just to double-check, the points table for earning Finnair Plus points is per (1-way) flight, right?
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:22 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Also, just to double-check, the points table for earning Finnair Plus points is per (1-way) flight, right?
Yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.