FrequentFlyer Number change

Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
FrequentFlyer Number change

Is there a way to change the FFN online on a booking where a number already exists, as i recently switched from AY to BA FFP

Thanks!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AY ay ay!
Is there a way to change the FFN online on a booking where a number already exists, as i recently switched from AY to BA FFP

Thanks!
Well, this is a pretty obvious question, but did you check Finnair's Manage my booking? I thought that it allowed changing the FF number.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, Finnair+, ClubOne Gold, Stockmann First
Yes, have tried that but didnt show any options. Could this be because I've already flown the outbound a few weeks ago?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:03 am

They always have the possibility to change it for individual segments at the gate or checkin on day of departure, if you don't find a way to do it online if all you are concerned about is points earning.

If you are looking for other benefits (seat selection, baggage allowance, etc.) and you can't find a way to do it online, you may want to give a reservations agent a try.

That being said, retain your boarding passes that show the correct FF number just in case you have to make a claim later on. I've had to do this when switching from BA to AA whilst flying AY.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AY ay ay!
Yes, have tried that but didnt show any options. Could this be because I've already flown the outbound a few weeks ago?
It is possible, I have never tried to change my FF number online after flying the first segment. In any case, you should be able to do it at check-in.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 11:05 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by hrnt
It is possible, I have never tried to change my FF number online after flying the first segment. In any case, you should be able to do it at check-in.
Absolutely, you can change the FF number for each segment if you wish. During the days when I was really crazy with different programs I might have used 3 different numbers for a ticket with 4 segments..nowadays I don't care that much anymore..
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Absolutely, you can change the FF number for each segment if you wish. During the days when I was really crazy with different programs I might have used 3 different numbers for a ticket with 4 segments..nowadays I don't care that much anymore..
Is that like literally going for the extra mile?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.