4 pax on one FF-card

Subscribe
Hi all

I have a family trip coming up flying t/r osl-hel-sin. As we never fly AY or other OW carriers, neither of us have any notable mileage on OW. My question is then as follows:

Can i register my OW-account on all pax and then get the miles from all pax in my account? I have done so sucesfully on SK (*A), but i dont know AY very well. It would be great to accrue the miles on one acount, rather than having a smaller amount in 4 different cards that will never be used (And thus i won't bother registering them at all i suppose)

Any insight is greatly valued!
No, the program is personal. Same is true with SK EB, if you have been able to credit other people's flights it has been by mistake.
Quote: Hi all

I have a family trip coming up flying t/r osl-hel-sin. As we never fly AY or other OW carriers, neither of us have any notable mileage on OW. My question is then as follows:

Can i register my OW-account on all pax and then get the miles from all pax in my account? I have done so sucesfully on SK (*A), but i dont know AY very well. It would be great to accrue the miles on one acount, rather than having a smaller amount in 4 different cards that will never be used (And thus i won't bother registering them at all i suppose)

Any insight is greatly valued!
You will want to consider the option of creating separate accounts for the passengers using the British Airways' Executive Club program.

British Airways' program allows for pooling of miles amongst multiple accounts when the account numbers are registered as part of a household account. That comes with a restriction on how the miles may be used (only for household members on file with BAEC). The miles don't go into the same account but they can be pooled together for redemption purposes.

BMI's program -- useful for Star Alliance -- also allows creation of household accounts, but there the miles can actually be transferred into a single account and the redemption restriction (to household members) is not observed like it is with BA.

There are some other airlines that also allow pooling of miles, but there are are fewer still who allow for free transfers of miles into a single account. The household account arrangement should be good enough for your circumstances.

You should look into the rules to see how the programs will deal with your particular tickets based on the airline marketing code, the airline operating code and the fare basis of the ticket into which you are booked since that may determine whether or not you'll get much if anything out of it or not. Not all airlines treat all paid flights equally when it comes to earning miles.

Even if you think you won't get much out of the household account approaches above, do credit the miles to an account somewhere. [I suggest American Airlines accounts might work well for your situation as even several thousand miles may be married with a few rather cheap purchases of miles to get some rather good travel deals, flights or otherwise, using AA miles.]
Quote: Can i register my OW-account on all pax and then get the miles from all pax in my account?
Hi OSLJW! No, you have to register all your family members. However, you can transfer points from one family member's account to another family member's account by paying a 20€ transfer fee per transaction.

IMO this would make most sense before you are ordering a reward.
Quote: Hi OSLJW! No, you have to register all your family members. However, you can transfer points from one family member's account to another family member's account by paying a 20€ transfer fee per transaction.
Last week I did just this. Paid €60 for transferring three family member's points to my account and bought two Finnair Junior Plus flight awards HEL-NRT-HEL. Taxes were €200 per kid, though... Better than paying ~€700, of course.
Thank you so much guys! I will check fare code to map the earnings in different programs and try to determine which program will be the most convenient from a redemption standpoint.

Again, thank you all. Your help is very much appreciated!