Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair: New pre-order meals in Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair: New pre-order meals in Business

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:11 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by pswissoz
I just tried pre-booking my meals for my upcoming flight from SIN to HEL on the 11th. Besides the usual SPML I had the choice to pick between Options 1, 2 and 3. Only problem, no hint what the options might be. Guess I'll proceed as usual on this late flight and have dinner in SIN and just sleep through the dinner service.

Cheers from Brisbane,

pswissoz
When you are "managing my booking" there should be a link in the small print saying something like "find out what meals are available". It leads to a pop up window, where you strangely enough need to fill in flight date. Then you will see both ordinary meny and options 1,2,3
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:43 pm

The implementation of the concept is a joke.

I called few weeks ago to the customer service and they managed to select me and wife the meals we wanted(I wasn't able to do that myself in the web). On the way to BKK we got what we wanted. Then few days ago got an email from them saying that the available meals had changed and that I should go to my booking and select the meals again. So I did and got "Option 1" for both me and wife(got some sort of email confirmation as well). Well, when they were serving the food on the way to HEL they did'n know anything about our reservations... luckily they still had what we had ordered as we were about in the middle of the cabin. But in theory they could have been out of the meal...

On a sidenote. Tried CX business for first time SIN-BKK and service was excellent! CSM welcomed me and wife specifically after takeoff which was a nice touch and also asked beforehand what choice of meal we preferred so that we were sure to get what we wanted in case something runs out. I learned that from other threads that it's because of my emerald status (and wife has sapphire). I like small things like that.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Does anyone have recent experience with the pre-order meals? Is the system still working? What are the typical items offered for each option?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 12:20 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
It should work, but only out of HEL. On the way back you can (at least it used to be so) guarantee one of the 3 main course choices on the menu.

Meals designed for you

Business Class passengers on long-haul flights departing from Helsinki have the option of pre-ordering one of our three ‘Meals designed for you’ options. The options are Wellness and Energy, Food Lover’s Treat, and Chef’s Gourmet.

Wellness and Energy

The healthy Wellness and Energy options are made with fresh, natural ingredients. This healthy, tasty option often incorporates Asian flavours and ingredients.

Food Lover's Treat

If you’d like to sample bratwurst or hearty stews, then Food Lover’s Treat is for you. This option is satisfying and full of flavour – a true treat.

Chef's Gourmet

Chef’s Gourmet meals will satisfy even the most discerning of foodies. With this option, you can enjoy carefully crafted meals, centred on such delicacies as succulent reindeer tenderloin.

How to pre-order your meal

You can pre-order your meal in the “My booking” section on the Finnair website. Orders must be placed 14 days before departure at the earliest and no later than 24 hours before your departure. To pre-order, please sign in with your booking reference and last name.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by JnsV
Does anyone have recent experience with the pre-order meals? Is the system still working? What are the typical items offered for each option?
Its working, and it haven t change since they introduce it (at least on HEL-BKK)

The special meal are:

Bratwurst
Filet of rendeer
or
Shrimp
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat (OWS), W6 Discount Club, TK Elite (*G), ex-MA Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sakari1707
It should work, but only out of HEL. On the way back you can (at least it used to be so) guarantee one of the 3 main course choices on the menu.
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Its working, and it haven t change since they introduce it (at least on HEL-BKK)
I'm flying HEL-BKK in November, so it should work then. Fine, thank you for the answers.

Originally Posted by Ed Size
The special meal are:

Bratwurst
Filet of rendeer
or
Shrimp
It looks good, even if there is some variation I will be able to choose a suitable meal.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:06 am

Well, if they havn´t changed these dishes to the better lately, the ordinary menu is of higher quality actually.
The reindeer is very dry and hard, all the fat ended up in the gravy.
The shrimps are few, small and uninspiring, the supplements ditto.
And bratwurst in a C-cabin.... I havn´t tried, maybe its the best choice of those.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
It used to be so that you also see the regular menu when going to MMB and if you fancy something on the regular menu, you can select that and then you are guaranteed to get that, and this you can do for outbound and inbound flights. I suppose still is like this?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by sakari1707
It used to be so that you also see the regular menu when going to MMB and if you fancy something on the regular menu, you can select that and then you are guaranteed to get that, and this you can do for outbound and inbound flights. I suppose still is like this?
It is still like this.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by JoWa
Well, if they havn´t changed these dishes to the better lately, the ordinary menu is of higher quality actually.
The reindeer is very dry and hard, all the fat ended up in the gravy.
The shrimps are few, small and uninspiring, the supplements ditto.
And bratwurst in a C-cabin.... I havn´t tried, maybe its the best choice of those.
The bratwurst in the best of out these three with reindeer being the worst (in my opinion as it was sooo dry as you say).

This has been tried out but never again for me. Unbelievable they still have the same three dishes...come on, some imagination AY!!
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:28 pm

Programs: AY Plat
I have tried the reindeer twice and it was quite alright both times. Once I had the shrimp and I guess it was ok but cannot remember how ok... I think I will pass the sausage, too heavy for my taste. But the basic menu with salmon is a safe choice I'd say.

But the web page for selecting the meal does not work. I have had to call the customer service on all occasions.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
The bratwurst in the best of out these three with reindeer being the worst (in my opinion as it was sooo dry as you say).

This has been tried out but never again for me. Unbelievable they still have the same three dishes...come on, some imagination AY!!
Do all these fancy names really cover three dishes that stay the same for months? That's pathetic... I'm almost feeling glad that I only had a single l/h ug voucher. :-) :-(
Old Aug 20, 2012, 4:38 pm

Especially branding a bratwurst as "Foodlovers Dream" is just a joke.
Just wonder which of the nice C wines they are recommending to go with that...
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by JnsV
Do all these fancy names really cover three dishes that stay the same for months? That's pathetic... I'm almost feeling glad that I only had a single l/h ug voucher. :-) :-(
Not for months, they are the same since the introduction - which was early 2011 (April if I remember right).
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by JoWa
Especially branding a bratwurst as "Foodlovers Dream" is just a joke.
Just wonder which of the nice C wines they are recommending to go with that...
It should be renamed "Bratwurstlovers dream" because on some flights you also get bratwurst for breakfast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.