HEL as a domestic hub

Old Jan 8, 2010, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Gold (OWS), SK Gold (*A Gold), airBaltic VIP, Hilton Gold, PP
HEL as a domestic hub

Usually I travel over HEL to Asia, but this winter we plan to take our winter holidays in Finland. Since I have never used HEL as a domestic hub:

1. Being a tier member, can I use the Finnair Lounges in connection with a domestic flight? Including Silver Wings?

2. Is shopping allowed in the Finnair Shop when taking a domestic flight? Even alcohol?

Sorry for asking the same question that might have been answered already before!
Old Jan 8, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Justinus
1. Being a tier member, can I use the Finnair Lounges in connection with a domestic flight? Including Silver Wings?
Yes. As long as you are flying on AY or FC. Anything from AY Silver upwards will get you there.

Originally Posted by Justinus
2. Is shopping allowed in the Finnair Shop when taking a domestic flight? Even alcohol?
Sure you can shop. I'm not sure about alcohol, theoretically you should be able to buy it with the "duty inclusive" prices as it doesn't matter where in the EU your destination is, but I've sometimes had some ridiculous excuses from clerks - once they refused to sell anything to me at the airport Stockmann when I answered my destination as "Kuopio" - I simply waited a while, went to the next cashier and answered "Brussels" to the question instead and everything was fine

That was the only time, though and it was quite a few years ago.
Old Jan 10, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
http://www.helsinki-vantaa.fi/shoppingareas

Domestic passengers can also make purchases at the shops located in the gate area except for the Finnair Shop and Helsinki Airport Duty Free shops.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.