Wiki Posts
Search

Kea Lani Renovation Status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2010, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL PM, Starwood gold, Fairmont plat
Kea Lani Renovation Status

We were there Sept 2 through Sept 10. The upper pool is open, the adult and lower pool are closed. The concrete grinding on the adult pool is complete and they appear to be laying some kind of flagstone down; I only saw one guy doing over the last 4 days, so unless he gets some help, hard to see how this will be complete by month's end. They are still grinding concrete at the lower pool; they start about 9am and run until 3pm, so if you want to be spending time in your room during this period, I would get a room NOT facing the pool areas. It does get quite loud. The upper pool was very crowded some days, and not at all others. I think a lot of people flew back on Labor Day. Lots of infant-to-4-year olds. Breakfast has been moved over to the Orchid Ballroom, since you would be facing a plywood wall in the normal dining area. There is also some work going on outside of Nick's on the concrete, and it appeared some of the villas had work going on. We were told the elevators are also being refurbished, but saw no sign of it. Finally, we were allowed a 7pm check-out time on Saturday! usually it's 2pm late checkout, so this was a nice surprise. In summary, given the half-off pricing, this was a great week, if a little noisy by the one open pool
Old Oct 1, 2010, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA/EXP 3MM; UA/1K; HY/DIA; SPG/PLT; Fairmont/Life PLT
Thanks for the update. I'll be there next week, staying in an Oceanfront Two Bedroom Villa - highly looking forward to it!! Looks like there may be minor disturbances.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.